When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP diver V3 returned from the beauty farm

That is a very stunning watch. Uwe's handiwork is really amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I hope I am wrong, but I have the impression that getting our toys through German customs can be a challenge. I've read they tend to be seize-happy with regards to rep watches. Can anyone confirm or reject? Thanks.

German customs is a real pain. They seem to check every single package from China, therefore it's almost impossible to get complete watches or other rep goods through these days. To avoid problems you will have to go with inner European shipping from easier countries like GB, some TDs offer this detour service. It's a little bit more expensive, but well worth it in the end when you receive your watch without any hassle. As a plus you will save import tax as well, so in the end it will only take a little longer.

I can't tell a difference. Almost all my packages get inspected. Not sure if I'm on some kind of blacklist or something (never got caught with rep stuff, I just order a lot of watch parts from overseas), but they really do open every package I receive and have me provide invoices every single time, it doesn't seem to make a difference where it is from.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a project with him at the moment, everything's fine, he even sent me pictures of the work done so far. He's been very friendly and helpful and replied quickly to every email I sent him, so I don't think this is an issue concerning his general work.

I will post a topic describing the build when the watch returns, so everyone can judge for themselves. Can't wait to finally be done with this one and have it on my wrist! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...