When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PreV 201a update, bringing out the good stuff

mir36

My first PreV was a modified DSN with a T48 and VCG from ST4 (thanks mate :) ). Flash forward a few years and iterations later, and I still have the T48 and VCG (well, the housing at least). However, the other components have benefited from advances in our hobby.

Here's the updated version.... PreV photo trolls may see the 9 m i a i l e influence, but given my poor photo skills, perhaps not...

Shaped profile and fat (enough) lugs...

P1040152.jpg

P1040142.jpg

The shaped shoulders...

P1040145.jpg

P1040151.jpg

And some close-ups of the FGD and CG...

P1040157.jpg

P1040139.jpg

The build sheet, no surprises here:

- FGD v3 with semi-gloss Tamiya coat.

- FGD v2 hands

- Jakob caseback

- T48

- VCG housing. 100 grit one-way sanding. Edges polished (thanks for the tip Projectologist). Pin lever flattened and polished (not very well... )

- Torobravo CG lever

- ST36 oiled by me with H2 CP semi-flattened and polished. I'm a recent convert to Seagull movements. This baby has a 59hour power reserve!

- DW case shaped by me with double-screw PreV bars

Oh yes, the good stuff... I'm happy enough with this version to pull this out from the strap drawer.

P1040159.jpg

Thanks for looking!

My only suggestion would be to re-sand the VCG body and lever with 320 grit wet/dry 3M sandpaper (used dry). This will give a very accurate PreV brushed finish, 100 grit is way too coarse.

Thanks for the tip Projectologist :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I mixed up my grits - 100 is for vintage CGs!