When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would this be a swiss 6497-1 movement?

dutchguy2

Hmmmm easy is relative,

Can you remove the canon pin?

Do you have a new canon pin to fit?

If not you can crimp the old canon pin but the amount you have to squease is hard to tell, too little and it makes no difference to much and it is Fcuked.

I would sugest fitting a new one.

Is it a H3 if so i have a load here

It is not an H3 but it schould be converted to an H3.

Does this look normal to you Andy?

ac0e2341.jpg

I think I will send you an email LOL.

I can't imagine how much force is needed to break this pinion clean off...or how in the world this happened...

I would want to have a really good detailed look at the rest of the movement. You may find more problems/damage.

Looks like a swiss base plate with the rest being asian

As Andy said it looks Fyucked regardless

It's a 6497-1 low beat ETA with Asian bridges, I have an ETA center wheel if you need one. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Andy is correct, you can tighten the CP, see the pictures using a staking tool, you can cheat and use a small wire cutter or even a nail cutter to crimp. The latter is not for the faint of heart, crimp too much and bye-bye CP. Use a needle or a copper rod as an insert to support thr CP walls from being over crimped, but again be careful and definitely not for the novice, unless you have a good supply of CPs

post-6753-0-38028100-1343980364_thumb.jp

post-6753-0-24571500-1343980375_thumb.jp

It's a 6497-1 low beat ETA with Asian bridges, I have an ETA center wheel if you need one. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Andy is correct, you can tighten the CP, see the pictures using a staking tool, you can cheat and use a small wire cutter or even a nail cutter to crimp. The latter is not for the faint of heart, crimp too much and bye-bye CP. Use a needle or a copper rod as an insert to support thr CP walls from being over crimped, but again be careful and definitely not for the novice, unless you have a good supply of CPs

Blimey that is a bit impressive

• 4 months later...

I had this same problem today - slipping cannon pinion.  It almost drove me crazy trying to figure out what was wrong.  This post helped.

I ended up disassembling my watch, removing the cannon pinion and put a piece of rodico on the post just to confirm it was actually moving.  It was.

4E40C0DD-A18C-40A4-B6FE-30DAA8D5A23D-208

BTW. In order to tighten the fit between the post and the cannon pinion, I cut a small 1x1 cm piece of double sided tape (you could use regular scotch tape), placed it on top of the post, then shoved the canon pinion down the post. The tape filled the gap between the post and the canon pinion for a snug fit. The movement is working normally now. ;)