When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Franken 3717 - Progress so far...

dbutlerman

Lookin very good. I don't think the gen bracelet is going to offer enough bang for the buck as you'd probably need to double the price of the project to acquire one. But you will notice the thinness of the rep next to the gen bracelet.

Anyhow, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Chief! I'm probably not going to go the gen route, unless I stumble across a really good deal!

Very nice Frankenstein 3717 indeed. Congrats db2. I have been looking for 1 for a while now.

Thanks! Keep looking, I hear parts may start to free up again soon...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

...and done.

I haven't been around much as of late...the wife and I just had our first baby...and all my free time has been going into prepping for the arrival.  But...I finally got off my butt and finished up the 3717.  

It now sports:

• Gen Caseset (Case, Case Back, Movement Holder, Crystal, Pushers, Crown, Etc..)

• Gen Dial

• Gen Hands  (and I think the silver on the hands is worth it)

• Gen Date wheel and German Day wheel.  I know the 3717 didn't technically come with it, but I think it looks pretty cool!  

• Swiss 7750

• Modded Bracelet Clasp

• Standard Rep Bracelet and Endlinks

I'll take some better pictures soon!

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

• 1 month later...

...and done.

I haven't been around much as of late...the wife and I just had our first baby...and all my free time has been going into prepping for the arrival.  But...I finally got off my butt and finished up the 3717.  

It now sports:

• Gen Caseset (Case, Case Back, Movement Holder, Crystal, Pushers, Crown, Etc..)

• Gen Dial

• Gen Hands  (and I think the silver on the hands is worth it)

• Gen Date wheel and German Day wheel.  I know the 3717 didn't technically come with it, but I think it looks pretty cool!  

• Swiss 7750

• Modded Bracelet Clasp

• Standard Rep Bracelet and Endlinks

I'll take some better pictures soon!

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

Very nice. Let me know if you decide to let it go to focus on the baby. Congratulations on the new baby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice watch and thanks for the excellent tutorial of the bracelet mod, dbutlerman! Since you did the mod for a bit over a year, does the pin still hold in place now?

I am interested in making that mod myself, but too bad I am located in Canada and Otto Frei charges an arm and leg ($44.75, ouch!) for the shipping of those pins to Canada :(. For whoever did this mod and has some spare pins leftover, I will gladly buy a few from you with reasonable price. Thanks.

Edited by rkq

• 2 weeks later...