When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PaneraiFan315

Engaged a modder to relume and double AR my FM Casablanca couple months back and got the progress pics last night.

post-43640-0-95805500-1344788702_thumb.jpost-43640-0-02256700-1344788742_thumb.j

So far the dial looks incredible! Looking forward to seeing the completed project soon. I also have the similar work done for an Ultimate PO so I'm probably going to have to shelf my Pams for a while and rock these beauties...

Edited by PaneraiFan315

Am I correct in that this comment also got "shelved" along with your PAM's...

I am partially guilty of not providing negative feedback as well. I had engaged the services of a well-known and highly respected modder and the experience was so ridiculous and amateurish, I swore I would learn how to mod watches myself than go through that process again. But I did not take it further than telling him exactly how I felt about his “services”.

Hey Zig! Unfortunately, that is only partially true. I eventually concluded the prior experience you are refering to was a one-off thing and contacted another modder to work on my other two watches.

I did learn to just leave the craftsman alone, as one member advised me, and let them do their thing. I adjusted my expectations with respect to the timing and so far everything is good.

Btw- I had other concerns other than the communication with my first project. But I cannot confirm at this point so it is baseless and unfair for me to state them now.

Lastly, your handiworks are true masterpieces!

Edited by PaneraiFan315

Understood on all points.

I wish that your experience was a one-off, but I see far too many botched watches to believe it's isolated, however it's up to the customers to voice their concerns, I keep my comments to myself.

Thanks for the kind words, your FM dial is very nice indeed, nice workmanship, they are certainly one of the better dials to show off lume skills (or show the lack of skills).

I appreciate how you feel about not criticizing your competitors' handiwork. A true professional competes in the marketplace based on quality of his/her services and not by disparaging the competition. I too follow this principle.

Sometimes it is difficult to sort through the waves of praise and marketing by what appears to be independent sources to figure out the reality. Anyways no big deal. It was just $200 for a lesson. I was more aggravated by what appears to be selective memory and vague responses more than anything else. On to bigger and better things. Enjoy your weekend.

Edited by PaneraiFan315

Received the watch earlier this week, but I couldn't get the freaking strap back on! Arrggh! I am such a :fool: ! Anyways here are a couple pictures for now to show the lume and the double AR. Thanks for the great job PB! Looking foward to the PO next week.

post-43640-0-34086400-1345176024_thumb.jpost-43640-0-78984100-1345176063_thumb.j