When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Issue with KB (RWG Crew)

NSTNS

I can only share my personal experence with Ken over the last four(almost) years. Always been friendly and has always deliverd "exactly" what I orderd. Since I've been a member here I have seen Ken bend over backwards to please a customer. I have not only seen Ken barely break even with a sale but know that he has actually lost money so as to meet the exspectations needs and desires of a customer. One dosen't build up a excellent reputation by offering poor product and service. Ken Is guilty of none of those things....not by a long shot.

So to the OP...try to chill a bit mate. ;) Ken will take care of the situation when he can. Try to remember he has a lot going on at times. "Patents Is a virtue". yo.

Mike

Guys, thanks for the input and thoughts. I think it's pretty clear that KB is a solid guy and this is just a misunderstanding. Hopefully, others will benefit from this thread. I am confident this issue will get resolved offline.

My personal last thoughts about Carl's comment is this: Sometimes the appearance and not the actual of conflict of interest can be harmful. People are going to have to make their own determinations...Myself, I would have no issues buying from KB.

Now, let's back to scoring some sweet watches! :balloon:

Edited by PaneraiFan315

KB has a stellar reputation on this board for a reason. He's earned it many times over.

While transactions may not be flawless every time since they are a process involving multiple people and varied expectations, KB's customer service is outstanding.

We all have lives and anyone who has ever run a small business knows that.

Rest assured that he will make it right, just give him time and respect.

I think Ken may have something going on. I haven't heard from him in a few days and he is always quick to respond. OP give him sometime, Ken is a stand-up dealer. I have to believe something is going on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Question for Offshore and all of the other mods here:

Do you think it is proper for a Mod/Dealer here (for whatever) to bring up a dispute here in the forum which the mod is having with a customer, and then deleting posts which might not be totally in favor of the mod's position? Fine. Let's move from the general to the specific.

More specifically, the post deleted by KB was only a statement of PayPal policy (without taking sides) which he apparently did not want to have revealed to his "customer". The post was mine and I was left with the feeling that the mods and admins are clearly running things for their own benefit without regard to polite and open discussion. Did he discuss my post with the rest of you mods before deleting it? I didn't think so. If you ever wonder where some of the earliest members have gone, and where their financial support has gone, look to some of the activities which you do not want to talk about.

I would appreciate your replies. I'm sure they will be illuminating. And forthcoming only after you have all had a chance to discuss and decide. I'm patient. Thanks.

All I can say is that it's 10 days later and Mr. KB still didn't reply. I found this inappropriate and suspicious timing wise. Most of you can keep on backing him up by telling me to wait but I'm done with it. I will never buy from him again and I definitely don't recommend KB to other members or what ever. His post that he will be gone until 13-08 is also crap to me because as u can see its the 17th today and he still didn't show up.

I wanted to solve this issue in the proper way but apparently that's no option so I will take care of this on another way.

It's very obvious to me that the mods/admins or what ever don't really care about this issue because I was told to get a "life"

Anyway guys, good luck with buying from KB and for some of you keep on defending ur friend....

All I can say is that it's 10 days later and Mr. KB still didn't reply. I found this inappropriate and suspicious timing wise. Most of you can keep on backing him up by telling me to wait but I'm done with it. I will never buy from him again and I definitely don't recommend KB to other members or what ever. His post that he will be gone until 13-08 is also crap to me because as u can see its the 17th today and he still didn't show up.

I wanted to solve this issue in the proper way but apparently that's no option so I will take care of this on another way.

It's very obvious to me that the mods/admins or what ever don't really care about this issue because I was told to get a "life"

Anyway guys, good luck with buying from KB and for some of you keep on defending ur friend....

I really don't want to give this thread any more legs since I thought most questions were answered, but I have a few thoughts:

1. I believe in answer to your question about how much time KB needs, a member suggests that 2 weeks is the appropriate timeframe to start getting concern and make this matter public. Presumably this is in fairness to people that needs a break for whatever reason.

2. My observation is that your experience is unusual and maybe you should give KB some slack. My conclusion is from the simple fact that the dollar amount in question is less than $500 and it does not make sense to me that someone who has been around this long will engage such questionable business practice for that amount. A new vendor perhaps, but not someone with KB's history. I cannot say with 100% conviction, but I think something is going on that is causing KB to be silent.

3. Lastly, what do you mean when you wrote "apparently that's no option so I will take care of this on another way"? I hope I am wrong when I infer that a Paypal dispute is coming. This is BAD for everyone and you will not have any supporters if you go this route.

Edited by PaneraiFan315

NSTNS....I do understand your frustration...I really do. I also dont agree with the "get a life" comment. That was not necessary. That being said. Please try to hang In there a little longer before you file a PP dispute. If that Is Indeed what you are planning to do. That only hurts the whole community and will make things more difficult for all of us. Including you In the long run.

Im not trying to defend my friend...although I do consider Ken a friend. But If I didn't feel Ken was a stand up guy then I would remain silent on the issue. Reguardles of my personal feelings about the man. Remember that Ken is not some fly by night vender....he's been around these rep forums for many years. In other words....Kens not going anywhere.

There Is nothing else I can say....but do try to hang In there a bit longer before you do something you may regret later. cheers. :)

Mike

• Like 1

Christ - the man already posted that he was closed and wasn't around. He obviously hoped to be back on Monday, but hasn't been able to.

Something important in life has clearly intervened. Please be patient. He's been on the forum every week since it started (so every week for over 6 years, and on the forum before that), so it's obviously an important thing, and you're in safe hands.

It's a slightly off-center logo on a handbag for crying out loud, not the ebola virus on the loose.

On a lighter note, I know for sure that KB would give his left nut to make it right, but he's already given his other three to Nanuq. :p

Relax, it'll be fine.

Christ - the man already posted that he was closed and wasn't around. He obviously hoped to be back on Monday, but hasn't been able to.

Something important in life has clearly intervened. Please be patient. He's been on the forum every week since it started (so every week for over 6 years, and on the forum before that), so it's obviously an important thing, and you're in safe hands.

It's a slightly off-center logo on a handbag for crying out loud, not the ebola virus on the loose.

On a lighter note, I know for sure that KB would give his left nut to make it right, but he's already given his other three to Nanuq. :p

Relax, it'll be fine.

Everytime I see the video in your signature, it makes me laugh... :-)

I like the part with the ebola-virus..

:popcorn:

Question for Offshore and all of the other mods here:

Do you think it is proper for a Mod/Dealer here (for whatever) to bring up a dispute here in the forum which the mod is having with a customer, and then deleting posts which might not be totally in favor of the mod's position? Fine. Let's move from the general to the specific.

More specifically, the post deleted by KB was only a statement of PayPal policy (without taking sides) which he apparently did not want to have revealed to his "customer". The post was mine and I was left with the feeling that the mods and admins are clearly running things for their own benefit without regard to polite and open discussion. Did he discuss my post with the rest of you mods before deleting it? I didn't think so. If you ever wonder where some of the earliest members have gone, and where their financial support has gone, look to some of the activities which you do not want to talk about.

I would appreciate your replies. I'm sure they will be illuminating. And forthcoming only after you have all had a chance to discuss and decide. I'm patient. Thanks.

Carl, I am no longer a mod, so have no insight into what may or may not be discussed- however as a TD I have a right of edit over my forum entries, just like KB would have over his. AND just the same as all dealers.

So he and I have no more or less "power" than any other dealer.

O/S

Is this a joke? His dealer clearly put up a notice that for personal reasons he will be away for a short time. You couldn't wait for him to be back in an official capacity? Who cares if he logged in. You basically did yourself a disservice because now you made this a very public affair. He obv would have answered you. I wouldn't answer you now though if I were him. If everyone acted like you in these situations it would be a shame imo. If it were me I would have emailed him once and waited. If I saw that he wrote that he was back from his short break and still had not responded, only then would I have sent another polite email. You acted in haste, seriously.

NSTNS,

I generally stay out of these discussions, but why would this community NOT look out for its own, KB has a longstanding track record and you don't. Face it there are many $h!t starters out there that are never pleased -I'm not saying you're one of them, but many of us have purchased from Ken and know him but no one knows you! And you don't seem to want to heed any advice here by respected members. I think you can see how many people have chimed in that you have nothing to worry about and Ken will always right a wrong. Patience is all everyone is suggesting and as already said before filing a PP complaint only hurts all of us and you'll not have any supporters after that.

If you want to be part of this community, you have to trust the Mods and the veteran members that have given you advice. Also please donate and upgrade your membership and not take a free ride. :) There are tons of great people on this forum and more knowledge to be gained here than on many gen watch forums.

Hang in there and give the man another week or two.

I first contacted Ken four weeks ago and he responded right away. But then, he has not replied me in three weeks. Hmm, I have read quite a lot of good reviews about him so I still have faith in my future transactions. Let see if he replies to my latest message (today).

Things seem to go very slowly in August for the rep scene.

I first contacted Ken four weeks ago and he responded right away. But then, he has not replied me in three weeks. Hmm, I have read quite a lot of good reviews about him so I still have faith in my future transactions. Let see if he replies to my latest message (today).

Things seem to go very slowly in August for the rep scene.

I think Ken maybe incommunicado. He is normally quick to reply to messages, but I haven't heard back from him. I am thinking his away post was meant until this Monday and not the past Monday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If there are three things that are a constant in life, they are:

1. Death
  2. Taxes
  3. Ken is logged in to RWG

It doesn't matter what time I pop in, Ken is here keeping the fires burning. He's one of the good guys.

For him to be gone this long is unprecedented. Something big has happened and he's dealing with it.

Hang in there folks, Ken will be back. Hopefully with good news about this absence.

• Like 2

Ok everyone I haven't read the whole thread simply because I am sure there is a lot that has been said that is probably unfortunate.

Yes I did shut down, the reason was (and I was hoping not to have to share personal stuff) that my sales rep just gave birth to a baby girl.

It basically caught us off guard because the baby arrived early.

This morning I have started working again but as I usually do I work from the first received mail and I assure you there are very many mails so it will take days to catch up.

Please be patient and everyone will be looked after.

Ken

Thanks guys. :)

Yes Cathy has worked for me for 7 years so I do feel a responsibility towards her.

One reason why I can't knock out my backlog quickly is that there was some minor complications which means she can only work for short periods before needing to rest.

Ken