When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rose gold AP?

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of accuracy, the Rubberclad is the best.

It has all the appropriate hallmarks and is pretty spot on from the front.

Personally I find the Ramon is the best looking.

Correct on most counts, but the reason I do not find the rubberclad very accurate is because the hands tube, located dead center in the dial, is a huge tell.

It is the first thing I look for when spotting the regular ROO models. The RBII, Grand Prix RG, JPM etc are inaccurate in other ways of cos.

To me, an out of the box rep ROO would always need mods to make it resemble the gen.

Thats just my 2 cents worth, having collected and sold a large number of ROOs.. :lol:

Correct on most counts, but the reason I do not find the rubberclad very accurate is because the hands tube, located dead center in the dial, is a huge tell.

It is the first thing I look for when spotting the regular ROO models. The RBII, Grand Prix RG, JPM etc are inaccurate in other ways of cos.

To me, an out of the box rep ROO would always need mods to make it resemble the gen.

Thats just my 2 cents worth, having collected and sold a large number of ROOs.. :lol:

What do you feel about RBII Mods to make it gen like then mate? …Uncertain if the RBII thickness is accurate

What do you feel about RBII Mods to make it gen like then mate? …Uncertain if the RBII thickness is accurate

The RB II rose gold is an awesome watch, but the dial needs to be modded to resemble gen more accurately.

The gen has a semi skeleton dial and on the rep, the dial, or specifically, the layer below the dial looks different.

I have not studied the watch in detail, but there are a lot of info regarding this specific aspect of the RB II here.

Regarding the thickness, I think the rep is still a little thicker than gen but I wouldnt worry about that. Thickness is visually relative in most cases. You need to compare a gen and rep side by side in order to see the difference. On the wrist? Its somewhat inconspicuous to me. :drinks:

Forgot to mention Montoya. A very well made watch.

I have all these in RG - Rubber clad, Don Ramon, GP, Montoya and RB. I have to say my fav are Montoya and Don Ramon. Both of them really command respect

o

As to the Don Ramon; do you wear it, in such a frequency that you can say somenthing about the DLC RG coating? Does it hold up?