When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK - Customs Sezirue

AndyFors

Dear All,

First of thank you all for readying and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

My questions are, have anyone of you ever had a UK shipment seized by custom? If so did you contact Parcel Force? Or would the best cause of action be not acknowledge the packed and recognize the loss?

Over the last few year i have had numerous packages sent without any problems, hence I was somewhat surprised when the following message was shown:

Deliver address:

XXXXXXXX Court,

XX XXXXX Road,

CUSTOMS SEIZURE

CV3 4PF

Followed by:

Delivered

: Parcel tracks:

Date

Time

Tracking Event

-xx-2012

16:59

International Hub

Handed to Customs

xx-xx-2012

16:59

International Hub

Forwarded for UK processing

xx-xx-2012

16:02

International Hub

Awaiting Customs clearance

xx-xx-2012

16:01

International Hub

Received in destination country

xx-xx-2012

23:44

Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT

Forwarded for export

xx-xx-2012

20:15

Delivery Agent - CHINA

Collected from customer

Maybe to more relavant questions should be, is this the start of a new area? or just bad luck.

Note: This is only based on the information from the online tracker, so it might be subject to changes and/or error.

Thank you in advance for all help.

Best regards,

Andy

Yes and no, on the EMS site that’s usually the status before it gets released. However in this case the its says "Handed over to custom", more so the address have changed from my address to: CUSTOMS SEIZURE. Also the status is now “Deliver”, but as stated I might be wrong I certainly hope I am wrong..

Handed over to customs is normal. But the address and the delivered status that sound strange. I really hope that the UK is not changing their policies of keeping all eyes closed. In Germany literally nothing gets through that is from outside the EU.

What PhilFree said. This is not a normal tracking status for UK shipments.

Your parcel is seized. Best to inform your dealer. He will say to wait it out. Sometimes they let it pass or evey just charge you the VAT import duties, but that only if you are lucky. If they do their job now right, it means you will loose the parcel...

Which courier was used? EMS/DHL/Fedex?

Best of luck!

Rule number #1 in the rep game: Never follow the tracking system.

I couldn't follow this rule, ever... but it's still a good rule. It comes when it comes. :D

i have a suspicion the what you saw on the tracking was exactly what it said "Customs Seizure" like someone said above, I would inform the dealer after a few days of waiting. I would say if it doesn't show up in a few days or the tracking status doesn't change, I would consider it gone.

I have no idea how UK customs works, but here in the USA, if you have a package seized, I believe that your name and address is flagged. Very easy to do with computers. I had several boxes of Cigars "lost" last year. No customs information, they just didn't show up. this was over several months. The company I buy from guarantees shipment, so they were going to reship. I rented a PO box in a neighboring town which also happens to be across the state line, in my company name. i requested that the shipper not use my name at all, just my company name. Re shipments arrived OK , and two more this year with no trouble. Sometimes it's better to change addresses and recipient names if you have had trouble before.

Thanks for all advice thus far.

One watch only and shipped with EMS. I guess the question now is, should I call custom?

The strange thing is that the package contains a JLC Diver, I always assume (ignorantly) that more known brands would be more likely to be seized. Not a plastic JLC

Thanks for all advice thus far.

One watch only and shipped with EMS. I guess the question now is, should I call custom?

The strange thing is that the package contains a JLC Diver, I always assume (ignorantly) that more known brands would be more likely to be seized. Not a plastic JLC

Calling Customs is not the way to follow up. It's better to play dumb and have plausible deniability than admit to the fact.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Calling Customs is not the way to follow up. It's better to play dumb and have plausible deniability than admit to the fact.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Right. If you call them, they now have you tied directly to smuggling in contraband.counterfeit goods. They have a case if they should choose to pursue it. OTOH, if you never claim it, should they contact you, you can always say that it's not yours, must have been a mistake, you haven't ordered anything in ages! Very hard to prove that it was ordered by you unless you claim it.

At a guess I'd say the packaging and the source (China) is the reason they think it's a rep, not the watch itself or the brand. I cannot imagine anyone at customs knowing it's a replica, especially that watch as it's incredibly good.

I'd wait for customs to contact you and take it from there. Plead ignorance until you know what they want.

It would be wise to get a leg up. Let the Dealer know now. Words like customs seizure have an ominous ring to them. My take is that you watch

has in fact been seized. Otherwise those are libelous words. Good luck. We all hope you have a positive outcome.