When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK - Customs Sezirue

AndyFors

To the OP given the erratic changes in terminolgy of Parcelforce.... the message could relate to package being set aside for scanning or opening... you wont know for certain until you either receive a letter from Parcelforce or the package itself... Its a bit like doing a Vehicle control check point..... officers will pick out every 3rd or 5th etc etc package for additional checking... doesnt mean its caught... though its a much higher risk at thsi point...

If you have ever seen this operation done by UK customs its very hit and miss.... they basically pull out packages in a patterned but irregular method... now another thing to consider is that many other importers from China and rest of world have stopped or slowed down their packages during the Olympics as a matter of prudence... this will of course mean that risks increase because packages from locations of interest are less in number.... and once you have seen a GZ watch package they aint hard to spot....

Do not contact them it could take a few weeks at this time....

If it is bad news and once contacted ... Do not deny the package... they aint stupid... you will go on thier flagging system... If and when asked, explain it must be the free gift that was mentioned when ordering some parts/straps etc from a company.... Your order was over X amount of dollars and they said I had choice of free delivery or a free gift... you took the gift option... or you were entered in a buyers draw and you recieved an email saying you had won a mystery prize/or watch (whatever)... but what you bought was early part of year..etc You had forgotten all about it...

By doing this you aint doing the obvious 'I dont know' and it may be possible that the watch will still be released to you.... they need to prove it is counterfeit and money exchanged hands etc etc

By doing that you are minimising long term risks to your name and address... not just with watches but allsorts... plus there is still a slight chance you could still get the watch...

As for 'Pete and Old'..... Your info is wrong mate.... at the moment your package is awaiting clearance nothing more.... I aint saying its safe but it aint caught ...

EMS is Parcelforce Economy 24.... The 24 Hrs kicks in once the package is released to 'National Hub'

Parcelforce did change terminology recently to what we were all used to.... The biggest issue over this period is the gap between Olympics and paraolympics.... I was told by a guy that knows ;) That the extra shifts and increased vigilience and additional scanning equipment has been maintained during the break between events.... however the increased traffic has reduced therefore there are more officers working 24hrs with little to do.... so you might say the job is getting done better.. a lot of these guys are being put on imports to keep them busy but will go back to other duties once other traffic increases...

These shift patterns and numbers will be reduced after Paraolympics has finished... at the moment there is too many doing the job and until they are put back on their other duties you can expect higher risks.....

Dear All,

Thanks for the advice. I believe PeteM's "free gift" idea is brilliant and to be followed, if/when the custom agents are to contact me.

"Pete and Old" sorry to say , but your package got sized 1 minute before mine, if you click for the "redelivery" button you are likely to see that your address has been changed to "Customer Seizure “. Please let me know if anything changes on your side.

Will keep you posted on the development

• Like 1

pete thats normal no where does it say seized your fine expect delivery mon-tues

No, it isn't normal.

sorry to say , but your package got sized 1 minute before mine, if you click for the "redelivery" button you are likely to see that your address has been changed to "Customer Seizure “. Please let me know if anything changes on your side.

This is where it got delivered:

If this is the correct original delivery address please click confirm, if not please click back and enter your postcode instead:

Fordyce Way,

CUSTOMS SEIZURE,

CV3 4PF

Edited by MyNameIsPeterAndImOld

First off guys.... I am sorry to hear the confirmation..... Its happened to me and I know that gut wrench feeling....

But it would be interesting to know a few things to re-assess risks on this...

How close are the tracking details ... date wise? In terms of sending and initial arrival?

Can you share the dealers? Or at least are they the same?

Do you both have the QC pics showing the completed EMS shipping form? Is there anything different to what you have seen before?

Ask the dealer... what the packaging was? I mean was it the traditional polystyrene box with yellow tape all round it?

If we can see those answers... then we might know how he items both got stopped so close to each other ....(apparently any way)

And more importantly....

What could be flagged is the dealer details or details on the EMS ticket??

or/and

The look of the packaging... (once they find one they look for similar looking packages)

It might be worth asking our dealers to consider alternative ways of packaging.... like some use to do.. using toys or clothing etc... Something that has a completely different shape and feel etc

Remember to point out to dealer it helps them too if they guarantee replacement... and if they dont then offering an extra few dollars might incentivise.. :)

Just a thought

Hi guys,

so what happens if a watch does get seized by customs, does the TD give you a refund, ship another watch or what?

Some replace some dont .... all depends who you use...

Hi Again,

To the best of my knowledge we both used the same TD and both package included one watch only.

Post date: 31/7/12 and 02/08/12

Sized same time and date

I have the QP, but the senders details can't be seen.

Previous shipments from this dealer have been the standard polystyrene box with yellow tape

I've been in touch with the dealer, his response was that this was the first UK seizure he knew about. I believe "Pete and Old" has some additional information from the dealer he might want to share?

Has any of the UK members received any watches lately?

Again I would like to thank all of you for taking part of this conversation

I ordered a watch 2 weeks ago from a TD and i got it on the 13/08/2012 and i ordered a second from the same TD as the first came through fine but now that one says "Awaiting customs

clearance

" since yesterday, yes i know it is only a day and i am going to be patient as i understand it can take a while im just a little worried as the last one past straight through customs

P.S. im using a different TD to the OP

Edited by iyare

Thanks iyare, please let me know if and when you received the package. My main concern now is future purchase

Thanks for info mate....

Its interesting to read that.... so if no other packages of the dealer have been caught then I guess its not his name flagged... though there is no certainty on that...

I would ask next time you order to ask for different packaging...

But whatever you do dont use your address again for the foreseeable future....if you order then use the triangle method with your address or use an alternative address...

Well, my package was seized on its way to Joshuas UK partner, so it's nothing I could influence. :(

So at least you Triangled it :) Maybe its Joshs drop address thats flagged !!! All you have then is a longer wait which is good for you mate ;)

I was talking to a dealer he mentioned he had a package stopped last week at UK customs with 2 watches.....

Now wait for it....... :)

Customs let one through and kept the other.... !!!!

The problem here is the extra security surrounding the Olympic's, it is the reason I stopped shipping to the UK over the duration.

That said there has been a lot of misunderstanding in this thread.

For a start any replica goods...any brand of watch any softgoods...face the same risks during shipping.

All goods will ALWAYS state 'Handed over to customs.

Your item has not been seized until you receive notice from the customs, therefore a dealer (who will reship) will not do so until he has the draft of the customs letter stating the seizure.

Ken

The problem here is the extra security surrounding the Olympic's, it is the reason I stopped shipping to the UK over the duration.

That said there has been a lot of misunderstanding in this thread.

For a start any replica goods...any brand of watch any softgoods...face the same risks during shipping.

All goods will ALWAYS state 'Handed over to customs.

Your item has not been seized until you receive notice from the customs, therefore a dealer (who will reship) will not do so until he has the draft of the customs letter stating the seizure.

Ken

That's all very well and good. However, the watch I want to get is Andrew's ROLEXP2033. It costs $358.

http://tinyurl.com/ROLEXP2033

That's a lot of money to gamble whether or not it will make through customs and I will actually receive it.

Edited by illustrations

Admittedly Ken the comment on any rep goods is correct but what I was trying to say was that the packages become pretty generic in looks... and as someone who used to work in the postal system I know how easy it can become to differentiate packages and letters even in cages and bins... once you know what a package looks like or rather how its packaged its very easy to home in on them...

We used to do it to pass the time or have bets :)

I could spot all sorts from a distance and amongst hundreds of other items... your eye just got used to it...

So in the case of dealers.... nearly everyone I have used has sent the watch/es in a polystyrene box with yellow tape wrapped round it ... always same size... with same paperwork .. etc etc . As a customs guy if I had had a result with a couple of these packages... then I would start spotting them more readily or rather paying them more attention...

Thats all I meant...

Well, I do not know if his UK partner got that note, all I know is that the parcel's status is "delivered" and that it got delivered to:

Fordyce Way,

CUSTOMS SEIZURE,

CV3 4PF

Pretty obvious what happened to that watch. :(

Edited by MyNameIsPeterAndImOld

First up I wasn't referring to you Pete but to the others thinking that a lesser known brand like JLC would go unnoticed or the reference that suggested only Panerai was a problem.

@Old Pete if you specified a triangular UK delivery and the watch was seized between the dealer and his forwarder then it's not your problem and the watch should be replaced.

That said however I wasn't aware that Josh or Andrew offered a UK forwarder option.

Ken