When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK - Customs Sezirue

AndyFors

Hi Guys

Does this look OK

Date Time Location Tracking Event 21-08-2012 08:42 International Hub Received and processed 19-08-2012 19:30 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance 19-08-2012 19:29 International Hub Received in destination country 16-08-2012 22:53 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Forwarded for export 16-08-2012 18:46 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Normally received and processed is at the National Hub

Thanks

First up I wasn't referring to you Pete but

Ken

Sorry mate... its the medication.. if I dont take it regularly then I start to get paranoid....... Who said that? ;)

I am still at a loss to understand why the dealer I mention had one watch kept by customs.. and one released.... They kept an IWC and let the Hublot go...

I wonder if its value related rather than item?

PeteM, do you have any idea how long the package sat with custom before the decision was made to free one and release one?

Also in respect to the OP; no change on the tracing status, nor any communication from custom. Will keep you posted.

No mate .... all he said was it was his first caught package to UK... and it was 2 weeks back... I will ask :)

Edited by PeteM

Hey mate, are there any evidence supporting that only watches under the Richmond umbrella are sized? If custom policy towards counterfeit goods have change, it would be natural to assume that all known brands are to be sized. Otherwise customs are effectively saying we don't care if you import a counterfeit Rolex, but if it’s an IWC or any other of the Richmond watchs you have a problem. From my very limited legal knowledge such a policy would expose the custom department for gigantic lawsuits from the other brands.

Hmm, i do not know how your chances are, maybe this seizures have to do something with the olympic games, but as far as i understood our dealers there is a organization or something like that which is called TM EYE UK. They are working together with customs and are payed by the richemont group

Best,

Olreon

Nice info mate... just had a look at their website..

I guess if thats the case.. its because they can verify the TM infingements with authorised agents of Richemont whereas other brands are not given over to authorise those agents therefore those infringements are not proven... which is more likely to create litgation over TMs...

However this approach also gives TM Eye the ability to say to other brands ..'Look what our service has done for Richemont!' If we had been your agents we could have stopped X number of units under TM infringement etc etc

The only thing that undermines that thought that I can think of is potential for with holding under value declaration or even item description in declaration...

They keeped the iwc cause iwc belongs to the richmond group. All watches that are from this group will be seized from now on by uk customs.

The dealers should find another way to bring the watches to the eu. The uk method will not work anymore :-(

Best

I do not knows if it's true

My IWC arrived last week without any problems

I've ordered from Trevor

6989296625cab29c5a8b37c4c0741036-366715656.jpg

Why would they say that unless you have made it clear it is a fake. I would think they would first ask you to pay taxes based upon its gen value and go from there. More beneficial to get revenue rather than just destroy it without an explanation from you first as to the reason for import.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they say that unless you have made it clear it is a fake. I would think they would first ask you to pay taxes based upon its gen value and go from there. More beneficial to get revenue rather than just destroy it without an explanation from you first as to the reason for import.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A company called TM Eye are currently being employed by the Richemont Group to work with UK customs. They are empowered to identify counterfeit items and order their destruction. These are the people sending out the letters.

It is advertized on their websites and this is probably the origin of the problem :fool: ... This kind of "triangulation processing" should stay underground, IMHO

Xel

Shouldn't we start by getting the forums underground? Google loves our forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dealers should be smart this time and should not make it public which country they will use for their transshippment ... Every idiot was able to check out the journey of the reps...

Without mentioning any specific countries here, that is already being done. I received watches from TDs over several European countries other than UK one of them already mentioned in this thread. So nothing to worry I hope, just an adjustment that has to be made.

For info, here are the Richmont group's watch brands:

Vacheron Constantin, Purdey, Baume & Mercier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Lange & Söhne, Cartier, Officine Panerai, IWC, Piaget, Lancel, Alfred Dunhill, Van Cleef & Arpels, Montblanc, Montegrappa, Chloé Alaia, Shanghai Tang

Edited by replicamat