When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK - Customs Sezirue

AndyFors

Hmmm would customs and TM Eye still be an issue if airmail was used instead?

Mate although I was tempted I wont .... ;)

All international small packages are airmailed..... Standard, Registered, EMS all of them....

The only time you see surface mail internationally now is on ... Dangerous Articles (Aerosols etc) and also can be selected if package is high weight or large size..and sender wants cheapest option.. even though it takes 1-3 months..

Guys, as KB said, this is purely due to increased customs inspections because of the Olympics.

I think if the comments regarding TM Eye and that they have been empowered by UK customs to access packages and establish TMs of items then this is new factor in UK customs policy and will not be something that is driven solely by the Olympics... the fact a dealer got one rep through and one held in the same package underlines this specific approach by another authorised agency such as TM Eye..

The question is if this is a purge and if it is then what is its likely span and if its short term then will it be repeated... if its a long term approach then there are issues beyond that of the Olympics..

Interestigly my dealer was saying there are alternatives that all dealers can do...

For example you can use DHL if the packet is under 500g (2 watches) its $35 from China to UK.... Advantage to that is its a 3 day delivery. Its also much safer than EMS for us anyway..

Or you can use a cheaper and slightly safer way which most dealers can do... If they want to..!!

Received my parcel yesterday (EMS) after 4 weeks with UK Customs. 2 Hublots seized. 1 AP and 2 rolex bracelets left in parcel.

I reckon that uk customs are trying to make record busting seizures of counterfeit goods during the Olympics. This will then be used as news headlines. Wait and see....

A little update, don't know if it's helpful or not.

I ordered two packages on the 18th. August, one by registered China Post, the other by EMS.

The registered mail package arrived today, seemingly unopened.

The EMS package has been at Coventry since the 21st., and I had an e-mail update from my TD today to say they had 15 packages for the UK all in the same position.

Looks ominous? Not sure.....

Judging by all this im guessing this is not the best time to start buying reps if you live in the UK. Just out of interest, the packages that are being seized, are they all from China or does country of origin not make a difference?

This is killing me. I finally got my dads inheritance money through (almost a year after his death) and am desperate to buy something nice to remember him by (after loosing his Gen Dreyfus & Co, that i bought him for his 60th, in Singapore airport) but thats another story.

I will shut up now!!!!!!! sorry.

I'm waiting on an order from Andrew - the following tracking is on the Parcelforce site, do you think the package has been seized?

31-08-2012 09:09 International Hub Received and processed

29-08-2012 19:07 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

29-08-2012 19:06 International Hub Received in destination country

27-08-2012 21:16 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG - PTT Forwarded for export

27-08-2012 20:44 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG Collected from customer

The last status was 5 days ago...

Sitting it customs is not a biggie TBH... its common and its a crap shoot....

There is no way to tell if your package is seized UNTIL its stated on the tracking update....

So until then... and as hard as it is.... you just need to be patient.... think positively... it aint over till the fat bird sings...

Its all part of this game... you take the up and the downs..... but please dont worry until you need to... :) Remember most dealers will replace it... so your only enemy is time... and that cant hurt anyone.... ;) (in this sense)

I have had packages held in customs for 4 weeks before.... another for 3 weeks.... and one even got reshipped to Germany and then shipped back... !! I have had a package arrive 3 months later from abroad.... indeed the replacement package arrived before the original one !!

And please remember for every package that gets caught.... hundreds get through.... it may sound like the odds are changing and maybe they are slightly... but in the grander picture the increase is negligible....all you are seeing here is a few unfortunate cases and a lot of unknown ones....

IMHO.... if you are waiting over a week now just lose the track number... put it out your head for a month... focus on something else as either way you aint going to make things better or worse by thinking about it....and you wont be able to request the replacement till its confirmed...