When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG 6265 6263 vintage Daytona build tutorial!

janeto72

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments.One thing I wanted to mention is the astronomical cost to build one of these.....you can easily invest several thousands of dollars or more for the right combination.

I concur!!

One of my favorite quotes, "for me, the action is the juice." From Heat, with Robert DeNiro.

From what I have read, most v72 movements won't mount properly in the phong case, (which is the same as gen), without adding case clamps. Here is a quote from zig

"Unfortunately this is not an easy fix, not for this V72. This V72 doesn't have the required holes for the screw and clamps, the holes should be next to the balance and the other is under the operating lever spring.

The only way to get the holes in the movement, is to drill and thread them, that requires tooling and the necessary skills. You can only do this if you have the movement completely disassembled, then you can drill the mainplate and untrasoinc clean it before assembly."

I was wondering if he had done this for yours since you will be transplanting it into the phong case.

After some research and discussion the problem for the mounting points is with the movements themselves. Some V72 based movements were never drilled and tapped for case screws.You should always do a visual ispection to make sure your movemnt has been drilled and tapped. Rolex does not use the generic case holes on their V72 movements but instead elect to drill and tap their own to mount the movements to their cases.

Lol you guys are hilarious.

So tell us Janeto, what was the aggregate cost of your project? I guess Lots of members here would be interested in knowing, before they venture into something they can't afford and stuck in the middle.

I've seen many people throw their parts back on sale after failing to meet the budget..

A breakdown would be quite appreciated :)

Sent from my  using Tapatalk

Lol you guys are hilarious.

So tell us Janeto, what was the aggregate cost of your project? I guess Lots of members here would be interested in knowing, before they venture into something they can't afford and stuck in the middle.

I've seen many people throw their parts back on sale after failing to meet the budget..

A breakdown would be quite appreciated :)

Sent from my  using Tapatalk

So here is the breakdown for my build.

1.) phong midcase only= $950.00

2.) gen caseback =$1000.00

3.) gen 571 endlnks =$265.00

4.) gen 78350 19 bracelet =$450.00

5.) gen T21 modern crystal=$200.00

6.) gen NOS 6265 MK2 bezel=$1200.00

7.) gen NOS MK3 p302 pushers=$600.00

8.) gen NOS 7030 tube= $125.00

9.) gen NOS 703 crown=$150.00

10.) gen NOS tritium 6 piece hand set= $850.00

11.) gen near mint "SIGMA" 6263/5 dial = $3500.00

12.Roamer V726 movement= $1200.00 + $325.00 servicing

Total:$10815.00

If you were to add peroid correct MK2 pushers and 702 crown/tube,and dome crystal add another $2000.00

there you go.....

any offers?