When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hell Yes. Hungry Like The Wolf.

maxman

Is it me or the V1 markers on 6,9 and12 look much better then V2? looks like V1 is thinner on the edges.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

Over the last three weeks or so I see HE valves bezels and yellow dials dancing In my head while I sleep at night. I honsetly dont see much of a difference between the v1 and v2 bezel. The 6,9 and 12 rider tabs look about the same In my eyes. If there Is a difference It's a very slight difference....Imho anyway. To me It's a very well made solid rep. Nothing feels cheep about It what so ever. Different people may see different things...but when all Is said and done....a very good replication.

Here's a v1 bezel from Asian 7750 and v2 from PC. I guess people will have to draw there own conclusions.

Mike

post-19368-0-16619900-1347195026_thumb.j

post-19368-0-04181300-1347195068_thumb.j

As I had mentioned earlier the bezel on the SW Is very stiff and difficult to to turn. If you watch the videos that Josh @ PC made you can see how hard It was for him to manipulate. After having the watch for almost three weeks I noticed that the bezel wasn't becoming any easier to turn....no noticable difference anyway. So I took my old can of trusty http://en.<strong>wi...ong>/wiki/WD-40 and gave the lower part of the bezel where It sits on top of the case a quick half spray. It dosen't take much. After giving the bezel several turns...It Is now smooth as butter. I have been using WD40 for many years and I'm always very happy with the results. WD40 also helps repel water and prevent corrision. If you dont care to use WD40 then use a lubricant of your choice.

***SPECIAL NOTE*** If you get any WD40 or any lubricant product on the crystal.... remove It asap. Remember that the SW has a outer AR coating. Some of these lubricants could streak that coating.....so be careful. I got a little on my crystal and rinsed It off with a little cold water. I then took a clean old T shrit and gently dabbed/patted It dry. No problems what so ever. BTW I love my SW....one of the best reps I have ever had the pleasure of wearing.

Cheers :drinks:

Mike

cant wait to get mine, still saving atm, had a few big bills come in :( but if there is any truth to the asian version rumors will be quicker. Thou I do wonder if i should o full swiss even if it does come out because I really love this watch so much

Personally I would go with the Swiss eta. Don't get me wrong....the Asian movement is a good one. But given the choice....I always go with the Swiss. It just gives the watch that little something extra. :)

Mike

I used to feel that way too...I quess it depends on what kind of luck you've had in the past. I purchased a pumpkin UPO from Angus with an swiss ETA 2824-2 and it would only run about 60 minutes at a time. I sent the watch to Zig and heres what he found

Omega

servicing automatic 145

cleaned/oiled/adjusted - timed 3 positions

all movement screws very loose - old version ETA STD 2824-2

movement was dirty - inconsistent oiling - some pivots dry - many flooded with oil

mainspring damaged - significant wear to plating in mainspring barrel - new mainspring installed

ETA mainspring part 30

mainspring fitting 10

stem too short - with crown full in stays in date-set mode - extender installed

only 1 end of each spring bars secured to lugs - new bars installed 2

bracelet bar holes don't line up with case lug holes - bracelet wrong for this case - spring bars customized to fit - both pins engage now

DW is scratched in a few spots

existing case clamps too thick-correct thickness clamps installed (3) 6

all old parts will be returned

I had it relumed while it was apart... So I dropped another $400 USD on it to make it run and look like it should have from new. Personally, had I known this going in I could have sold a few of the reps and bought a nice used gen.

my 2¢ Dave

I used to feel that way too...I quess it depends on what kind of luck you've had in the past. I purchased a pumpkin UPO from Angus with an swiss ETA 2824-2 and it would only run about 60 minutes at a time. I sent the watch to Zig and heres what he found

Omega

servicing automatic 145

cleaned/oiled/adjusted - timed 3 positions

all movement screws very loose - old version ETA STD 2824-2

movement was dirty - inconsistent oiling - some pivots dry - many flooded with oil

mainspring damaged - significant wear to plating in mainspring barrel - new mainspring installed

ETA mainspring part 30

mainspring fitting 10

stem too short - with crown full in stays in date-set mode - extender installed

only 1 end of each spring bars secured to lugs - new bars installed 2

bracelet bar holes don't line up with case lug holes - bracelet wrong for this case - spring bars customized to fit - both pins engage now

DW is scratched in a few spots

existing case clamps too thick-correct thickness clamps installed (3) 6

all old parts will be returned

I had it relumed while it was apart... So I dropped another $400 USD on it to make it run and look like it should have from new. Personally, had I known this going in I could have sold a few of the reps and bought a nice used gen.

my 2¢ Dave

I seem to recall that swiss ETAs were hit and miss in that they might be actual swiss ETA but they might be old and abused swiss ETA... honestly I have always felt if the chinese movement was reasonably reliable, it's the better option because at least it's almost certainly new.

Sure it might be a little dirtly or not that well put together, but it's almost certainly not ripped out of some old beater watch just to get an ETA...

I can only go by my own personal experence. I have had no Issues what so ever with my reps with Swiss movements. I've had my PO Quantum Solace for almost three years and the 2824 Is still keeping excellent time. I've also had several other reps with Swiss movements....no problems thus far.

My Seawolf Is also keeping very good time atm.

I think people are having a lot less problems now then they were a few years back. Maybe better qc??...I don't know for sure. But so far I have been very happy with the Swiss movements In my reps. :)

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't bother with sealing the HE valve. I've own a DSSD and Hublot diver both with HE valves and taken them diving to 50ft with zero issues. They performed flawlessly! If you buy from Andrew at trusty time and it says pressure tested believe me it is!

I wouldn't bother with sealing the HE valve. I've own a DSSD and Hublot diver both with HE valves and taken them diving to 50ft with zero issues. They performed flawlessly! If you buy from Andrew at trusty time and it says pressure tested believe me it is!

There would be many here....Including myself.... that would disagree. Im happy things have went well for you..so far....but this Is usally the exception...not the rule. Many have purchased reps that were suposed to have been preasure tested and failed while washing the dishes. Yes...even watches from Andrew who happens to be a excellent dealer .

I had mine sealed last week. It's just one point of falure that has been removed. That gives me a piece of mind.

I'm glad you have done well with yours. But I would strongly suggest that anyone seal the HE If you plan on going beyond the pool. Just my opinion of course.

Mike

Always a good idea to check out the watch....any watch.

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/139189-updated-king-power-4000m-48mm-a-big-disappointment/page_hl_hublot%20diver

post-19368-0-59172400-1352116460_thumb.j

Just read this thread end to end - very interesting... SW added to my wish list :).... dilema on whether i'm bold enough to go yellow though !

I happen to love the yellow SW. But If yellow is a little to loud for you personally. Go with the graphite. I just might pick one up In the furture.

post-19368-0-81609900-1352228229_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I have had the watch for a little over three months.. I thought I would give a quick update.

First of all I love my SW....one of the best reps that I have ever had. The 2836 Is keeping excellemt time. At first It was running a bit fast....maybe 20 secs. But the more I wear It the better the time keeping. I would say It's around 10-8 secs fast per 24 hrs. So I'm very happy with the movement.

The only two minor Issues that I had were a loose clasp that was a $5.00 fix and a overly tight bezel. A quick shot under the bezel with some WD40 fixed that Issue. The bracelet is very gen like. I have had two gens on my wrist recently and I can not tell the difference between the feel weight or look. It has a very nice ballance on the wrist. I have already had a few complements about the watch. It seems people just love that yellow dial. :) The women who cuts my hair Is ording one for her husbands birthday. We had to have a little chat about reps first. ;)

My only real disapointment is with the lume. It's not bad and I can go Into dark bars or whatever and see the glow of the dial. But It's not super lume. It's decent lume but not the super lume as advertised. I don't need a torch on my wrist so I'm going to leave good alone for now. Good lume not great lume. The bezel Is not quite as smooth as the gens...but It's close and looks very good Imo. The overall watch Is really really nice. I like It so much that I just might pick up a graphite dial.

For those who are still on the fence. Remember these disappeared for a long time. Just something to keep In mind. In a little over three months almost 5.500 views of this thread alone. I don't know how many of those people have purched the SW....but my guess the number Is high. A very well made rep Imho.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I have one on the way and can't wait till it gets here (looks to take for ever :bangin: ).

It will be a bugger for me if the lume is not super lume. As I am a lume guy this is very importand for me.

The lume Is good It's just not a torch. I don't think you will have a Issue with It. Before I went Into the neighborhood pub the other night I charged the dial. I have automatic HID headlights on my car. I stood In front of those head lights for about a min or so. The watch had a nice glow all night.

It's a very well made watch Dutch. I can't Imagine you being disapointed. Let us know know your thoughts when you get your SW. :)

Mike

Looks like mine just blew up..... I put it on this morning and it would only run for 10 minutes or so. Third piece this year that quit. 

Breit SOHC                                      A7750

Breit Seawolf            alleged swiss 2836-2

Omega UPO                     old ETA  2824-2

Oh well, the "superlume" sucked anyway, Hey Zig.......  here's another one

• 2 weeks later...