When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hell Yes. Hungry Like The Wolf.

maxman

@Mike...nice find...been swamped with work and home life - so i've been on RWG infrequently...this was a nice post to find!...looks sharp and really good...did you find any variation in price with the dealers you contacted?...

The yellow.. black.. and grey/grapghite look very good to me Hack. One of the best reps I've seen in a long long time my friend. :) I've been waiting for this one for over a year. The H factory got this one right. :)

Mike

@Mike...nice find...been swamped with work and home life - so i've been on RWG infrequently...this was a nice post to find!...looks sharp and really good...did you find any variation in price with the dealers you contacted?...

No....the price seems to be around $278.00 and holding. Good to hear from you Hack. :)

Mike

We need more talk about this one, more pics, reviews, excitement, just more seawolf period!

I could not agree more. Here are some just released pics of the 6mm saphire crystal. Look how thick that mother is. Sweet. Now thats a crystal. :)

post-19368-0-53968700-1345298714_thumb.j

post-19368-0-40439500-1345298945_thumb.j

@Max, et al...sooooo - have you compared this to the gen and/or the old model?...the old one was scary close to the gen, so wondering what other improvements from the v1...is it the same case?...bezel?...is the dial new?...nice that it has c1 superlume...

@Max, et al...sooooo - have you compared this to the gen and/or the old model?...the old one was scary close to the gen, so wondering what other improvements from the v1...is it the same case?...bezel?...is the dial new?...nice that it has c1 superlume...

Yes R I have compared the gen to this new rep SW....and It stacks up quite nicely Imo. The only little flaw I can see is the lume dots on the gen are flat. Where as the reps are not quite flat but a bit thicker. It's not a easy thing to see really and dosen't bother me In the least. I actually prefer the reps lume dots to the gens. This new SW looks like It has a better bezel than the v1. Thicker and deeper engravings. Much much better than the SF bezel. The new dial also has thicker numbers like the gen. The v1 was already a very good rep as you know....this new one kicks It up a few notches. The c1 super lume playing a big part. I dont have It on my wrist yet.. but from what I can see so far....a very good effort from the H factory.

Here are a few more realistic qc pics. Gen at the bottom for reference.

post-19368-0-37312600-1345372993_thumb.j

post-19368-0-28712500-1345373086_thumb.j

post-19368-0-17779200-1345373253_thumb.j

post-19368-0-25970600-1345373892_thumb.j

Anyone know if they are doing individual serial numbers like v1? And it's also odd the WR went from 100m for v1 to 30m for v2. The dealer I contact prior to the full listing was put up said it would be 100m. Maybe they are just being cautious. I was hoping to swim in this one and 30m isn't enough for me to feel comfortable.

Anyone know if they are doing individual serial numbers like v1? And it's also odd the WR went from 100m for v1 to 30m for v2. The dealer I contact prior to the full listing was put up said it would be 100m. Maybe they are just being cautious. I was hoping to swim in this one and 30m isn't enough for me to feel comfortable.

Not sure about the Individual serial number...I'll see what i find out. As far as the rep WR claims....I really dont pay much attention to them. Also 30m Is a much more realistic WR rating than 100m. I believe 30m Is around 100 ft.....should be ok for swimming. But I dont take my reps Into the water unless I have the case back and crown checked for the appropriate seals. I usually use my Seiko Monster or one of my cheep quartz beaters for the pool or beach.

Mike

excellent compare, Mike...

the only thing i see to add is that the gen's "6" and "9" markers silver frame is slightly thinner toward the inside of the dial than the outside - but i'm sure in normal day-to-day views (non-macro photo views), it's not noticeable...

DW font looks different and that bezel aint as sharp... deep but not sharp

Not sure if its pics but DW also looks off centre, the lume is similar to the SA V3/V2s compared to gen

Given the price of lume the maker probably compensates the weaker mix by increasing volume on the dial..

Overall though its a lovely version in the yelllow dial.... given the last versions performance this wont last long

Thanks for the Input guys.....the more eyes the better. :) Imho poor fit and finish speak volumes about a rep...or any watch actually. So far from what I can see the SW has very good FF. Solid and tight fitting sel....etc. Im not saying as good as gen....what rep Is? but very good none the less. When I got my Super Avenger one of the first things I did was work the bezel with a Scotch Brite Pad. It gave the bezel a over all cleaner look and what seemd to be a nicer brushed sheen. As far as the 6&9 go... It sure looks close Imo. Like you said R...wont be noticeable In everyday wear.

People In the real world don't seem look at watches the way we do. ;)

Mike

here's my QC pix...the specks near the "5" are dust on the xtal...

img2843r.jpg

Mine looks the same way R. Bezel Is not as crisp as gen but still pretty good as far as depth and the over all look. With a liite work I feel that It can even look better. As a matter a fact Im sure of It.

Look foward to comparing notes.

Mike