When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full forged carbon case GP (In Coming)

Mr Z

Hi Dr Zee: your posts are now daily 'required reading'! I'm sure you're correct that the rep GP crown is SS, but have to say they've done a good job of making it look plastic!

I had a brief try-out of a silver 3200GT yesterday... Not my colour choice; a little older than my target car, and a gap in the service history that I'd have used to negotiate with, if I'd been more serious. The sales guy sat next to me [so I was careful]. I've driven some interesting cars, and like to think I can 'feel' tyres on the road, but --in dry conditions and with no other vehicles to manage, I still lost the Maserati's tail --twice, with very little provocation: I think I was in third gear for one of them! I have to say that the car felt unresponsive at precisely the most worrying moment of those few seconds, and I wondered if we were going to spin no matter what I did. It seemed ages before I got the tail back and calmed things down, although as usual, time 'stood still' whilst I wondered about the guy's insurance and dodgy Italian airbags! The salesman's only comment was "these tyres are a bit expensive --we could have done with a bit of rain to stop us leaving too much rubber on the road"! I'm not sure why, but I came away with the impression that the car seemed to be 'sitting too high' somehow, although today was my first experience driving one. I guess more depends on how well a particular model has been looked-after than would be the case with ordinary mainstream There are some real horror stories about cambelt jobs costing the same as the car itself!

English nostalgia has obviously taken you over --and why not, if it leads you to Aston Martin. Tell me what you think of the 80's AM Lagonda V8 [William Towns design] --obviously not as a daily-driver. Its invariably an interesting question to ask... Greetings, r.

PS. my cashflow is all over the place [which hasn't really happened before, so I'm having to grow-up fast]. I'm hoping one can spread out both the cash and the work needed to achieve your quite phenomenal GP updates, taking one's time. I'll almost certainly start PM-ing you about this before too long.

Do you fancy revealing the cost of your most expensive component? [ I may be wrong, but surely its likely to be the raw forged carbon case? Who knows: you might have an ultra-classy movement lined-up... or, God forbid, a gen one!].

Greetings --I do hope the screws turn-up soon. You're a patient guy, and don't deserve the frustration! r. [ stamrik@me.com ]

• Like 1

AMAZING!! I just purchased a RG & SS GP for sheer purpose of modding but I am told that the forged carbon kit is sold out and cannot get a straight answer on when they will be available! I have this thread bookmarked for close study! Great job Mr. Z!

here are a few more pics ..as the non rep case screws arrived today so I thought id post a few pics .. with the gen strap attached end links modded .... just waiting for the ti colour plating .. should be done this week !! (NOTE) in pics just the standard colour on the media blasted at the moment !! and dial mod work in progress !!

DSCF1191.jpg

DSCF1192.jpg

DSCF1185.jpg

DSCF1193.jpg

DSCF1196.jpg

DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1181.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

DSCF1201.jpg

@Legend ... thank you for you kind words .. and everyone else that left me positive feed back on my first real mod !!

Its been a long RD to get where I am now ... but still few major mods left and I hope Ican pull them off ... without any hitches (dial mod )

@Legend ... thank you for you kind words .. and everyone else that left me positive feed back on my first real mod !!

Its been a long RD to get where I am now ... but still few major mods left and I hope Ican pull them off ... without any hitches (dial mod )

you're the man Mr Z. Seriously. Now save one of your beauties for me, or else.. :D

you're the man Mr Z. Seriously. Now save one of your beauties for me, or else.. :D

cheers buddy ... more whipping need before I'd think about letting it go !!

Its starting to look the ABSOLUTE biznizz now my friend! r.

Thanks r .... its slowly seeing the light lol ... enjoying the great weather ?