When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken Rolex Submariner 16610LV - Some Questions

watchfreund

Dear all,

before I start I want to thank this really nice community! I already bought some nice pieces here from some members and met some really friendly people - Also from Germany or Netherlands. Lots of support here!! I did not know that the scene would be so big in Germany too. Sorry to copy and paste that from my IWC thread. But I am really impressed here!

So here is my work log for my Franken Rolex Submariner 16610LV and of course I have some questions!!

What I have:

• TW-Best case (same case BK uses)
  • 50th anniversery edition (green insert and bigger indexes) dial
  • GEN crown
  • GEN LV insert
  • GEN crystal
  • Yuki Tube
  • Datewheel from the latest Seadweller
  • Noobfactory bracelet (overworked)
  • Cousins Bezel Click Spring

The movement needs to be changed to an Swiss ETA 2836. Already have it here - See pictures below.

First questions:

1. Is this a good base to move on? Are there better cases available?
  2. Is the GEN dial worth to change?
  3. The bracelet is too short for my wrist. Is this the best REP bracelet I can get or would you recommend this. GEN is to expensive in my opinion.

So what are your thoughts? Any other ideas or hints or feedback?

Thanks!!

post-40027-0-50930100-1345380965_thumb.j

post-40027-0-76601000-1345380969_thumb.j

post-40027-0-60197700-1345380974_thumb.j

post-40027-0-32290100-1345380979_thumb.j

post-40027-0-75232600-1345380983_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum :)

To answer your questions:

1. There is a new sub in the market , named the TC Submariner aka wm9 v4

Do a Google search on TC Submariner..you'll find his blog

2. The TC dial is a good swap if you want to do so..it's superlume and comes with superlume hands as well.

3. TC also has bracelets with very good looking coronets on the clasps..you might want to go with V2 or V3, depending on the fit of your midcase..

Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum

Thanks!

1. There is a new sub in the market , named the TC Submariner aka wm9 v

I know. Found this: http://tc-submariner.blogspot.de/2012/07/620-tc-16610lv-submariner-type-i.html

But compared to my TW Case (BK uses it too) does it make a big difference? AND can I swap my GEN crystal, crown and insert?

2. The TC dial is a good swap if you want to do so..it's superlume and comes with superlume hands as well.

Thanks and again here the same questions: compared to my dial what differences?

the movement in your pic does not have the seadweller DWO, but a wrong open '6 and '9 vintage DWO.

I would swap in order DWO, bracelet, and if you have budget also the case with TC's parts.

Crystal, crown, insert and dial would fit, movement 2824-2 probaly yes. BK case is not bad anyway, I would keep it.

the movement in your pic does not have the seadweller DWO, but a wrong open '6 and '9 vintage DWO.

I would swap in order DWO, bracelet, and if you have budget also the case with TC's parts.

Crystal, crown, insert and dial would fit, movement 2824-2 probaly yes. BK case is not bad anyway, I would keep it.

Thanks for the details!!

The latest SeaDweller DWO is in the BK case not on the new movement. Or am I wrong?

The latest SeaDweller DWO is in the BK case not on the new movement. Or am I wrong?

Can anybody tell me for sure?

Just fyi your dial is the same as TC has...

The gen dial is better but the LV one is really expensive mate

Thanks! I will stick to the dial here.

I'll say the gen dial is incredible - a great upgrade but worth it - that depends. I have the Mark IV and it was $800 for the dial alone. Based on that while it looks amazing with a gen crystal - tough to say if is worth it though.

Thanks! Not at the moment.

Your watch looks awesome as is.

Take the money and get another watch as you've taken this one as far as possible without passing a point of diminishing returns.

Thanks. But I will at least invest the money for the TC bracelet. Maybe also the case. Dont know yet.

snapback.pngWatchfreund, on 19 August 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Can anybody tell me for sure?

Yes, your current DWO is a vintage one. You have open 9's and 6's. Modern DWO do not have that.

I thought yours was from bk.Bk used the wm9 on this, same as TC so.Yours is noob dial

I just checked again a GEN in the shop and my Dial looks a bit different. Swiss made is not well aligned. So I ordered a TC dial now.

Yes, your current DWO is a vintage one. You have open 9's and 6's. Modern DWO do not have that.

Hi Woof, the vintage one is only on the movement picture. Take a look at the pictures with the complete watch. There is the recent Date wheel on. It is still mounted in the watch and not on the new movement. I just double checked. Color is also right. I can take a pictures with the date set to 6 or 9 if you like. They are closed.

So here is the next Update / What I just ordered:

• TC 16610LV Dial
  • TC 93250 V3

Thanks again and I will keep you updated!

• 1 month later...

You know that's not a rolex movement, right? Get the TC case and one of his swiss movements and movement rings (you need the 2824 for correct crown height.) It will be much more reliable then the clone you have there and on par with your new swiss 2836. All your gen parts will swap in easily!

You know that's not a rolex movement, right? Get the TC case and one of his swiss movements and movement rings (you need the 2824 for correct crown height.) It will be much more reliable then the clone you have there and on par with your new swiss 2836. All your gen parts will swap in easily!

Nobody said it is a real Rolex movement. ;)

BUT it is a real ETA - Not a clone.

Ask every watchsmith in the world: if you can decide between a bad ETA clone or reparing an real ETA he will always pick the original. Regarding the hight: this one fits juts perfect. I can post some pictures soon.

BTW: the ETA was just repaired and (quote of the watchsmith) "the gear has very precise values".

• 4 weeks later...

Update!! :)

post-40027-0-43575700-1352756935_thumb.j

Time to install the real ETA 2836-1 with the awesome engraved bridges and so on. Freshly serviced by FineDD. For more detail pictures of the engravings and so on please scroll up.

post-40027-0-33347300-1352756936_thumb.j

Next we have the brand new TC LV dial.

post-40027-0-41748200-1352756934_thumb.j

And installed with the GEN crystal, GEN insert, GEN pearl, GEN crown and the latest 100% correct date wheel.

post-40027-0-57365200-1352756929_thumb.j

And here the results of the full service for the movement. :)

What do you think?

Next will be the TC bracelet and of course I will post some wrist shots.