When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken Rolex SeaDweller 16600 V2 - Questions/Bracelet

watchfreund

Dear all,

before I start I want to thank this really nice community! I already bought some nice pieces here from some members and met some really friendly people - Also from Germany or Netherlands. Lots of support here!! I did not know that the scene would be so big in Germany too. Sorry to copy and paste that from my other two threads. But I am really impressed here!

So this time no work log. I just want to show you my daily watch I bought from "dutchguy2" and of course I would love to read your feedback and I have one question.

Specs:

• SSD V2
  • GEN crown
  • CGs trimmed by Jackjo
  • Bezel insert shaved by Jackjo
  • Watchmaterial pearl installed by Jackjo
  • Caseback and crown seal lubed by Jackjo
  • Bracelet Lubed and buffed by Jackjo
  • Relumed with Tritec C1 super luminova
  • Movement serviced and regulated to +2 seconds a day

First questions:

1. What else should I change to GEN? I think this is already close to perfect. Might only consider a GEN insert with pearl. What do you say?
  2. The bracelet does not look as good compared to a GEN watch. What is closer to GEN? This? Any other ideas? I do not like the space between the links.
  3. Depending on the year of the watch I do not need to drill holes for the drill lug holes, right?

So what are your thoughts? Any other ideas or hints or feedback?

Thanks!!

post-40027-0-23455100-1345383378_thumb.j

post-40027-0-21753100-1345383382_thumb.j

post-40027-0-50772200-1345383386_thumb.j

post-40027-0-06117400-1345383391_thumb.j

Edited by Watchfreund

1. Gen insert..yes

Looking for one!! Missed one on Ebay. Is it an easy swap?

2. TC also has a SD bracelet..some members have done a fitting to the SSD and it fits very nicely

I postet the link in the first post. You mean this: http://tc-submariner...-16600.html?m=1 Does this fit directly? What do I have to do?

3. Yes. Again some members have drilled lugholes but they change the dial and crystal to reflect the series..

I saw some GEN 16600LV without the lugholes. My dial and the rest look match the versions without lugholes right?

Edited by Watchfreund

First off great looking SD you have there :inverted: I'm no expert but just a quick note that the Tc Sd bracelet is for the MBK SD case so not sure if the end links will fit yours, I got one of the bracelets couple weeks back and it wont fit my case so will need modding ;) great quality bracelet and clasp though!

Gen insert is a must. On mine it snapped right in just like a gen watch. Other than that, I think you're good. I always liked the original Noob bracelet on the SSD. I think it'll be hard to beat unless you just didn't get one with a good fit. I doubt that you'll find the TC bracelet different enough to make it worthwhile.

Same watch here..

I suggest:

- gen insert

- Tc bracelet (need a little work to fit but fitting is really good!)

- Tc hands

- Bk Dwo or Tc v2

If you drill the lugholes you will need a correct bracelet for lugholes case and a Yuki 16660 dial ( He does also 16660 Comex dial)

Hello mate. Great watch! I would definitely add a gen insert. It completely makes the watch and takes it to the next level.

I just received the TC bracelet. I have not opened it yet as I am busy with work but I've read good things. My current bracelet is nice but it's lived quite a bit..

First off great looking SD you have there :inverted:

Thanks!!

Gen insert is a must. On mine it snapped right in just like a gen watch. Other than that, I think you're good. I always liked the original Noob bracelet on the SSD. I think it'll be hard to beat unless you just didn't get one with a good fit. I doubt that you'll find the TC bracelet different enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks! But I think I will try out the TC,

Same watch here..

I suggest:

- gen insert

- Tc bracelet (need a little work to fit but fitting is really good!)

- Tc hands

- Bk Dwo or Tc v2

If you drill the lugholes you will need a correct bracelet for lugholes case and a Yuki 16660 dial ( He does also 16660 Comex dial)

Thanks!! TC Bracelet sound good already. What is wrong with my hands? Can see any differences? Same for the TC V2 DWO - What is wrong in mine?

Hello mate. Great watch! I would definitely add a gen insert. It completely makes the watch and takes it to the next level.

I just received the TC bracelet. I have not opened it yet as I am busy with work but I've read good things. My current bracelet is nice but it's lived quite a bit..

Thanks! GEN insert + bracelet is def on my shopping list.

TC's SD bracelet is so much nicer, the machining and clasp feel and look like gen. It will make a huge difference.

About ten seconds with 1000 grit paper is all the work required to make it fit.

2cb52995.jpg

Thanks for the picture and the proof that it will fit. But does it also fit without lug holes? Cause I dont want them since the SeaDweller is also available without and I think my Dial and so on fit to the one without the holes or am I wrong??

The bracelet is awesome. If you really wanted to make it pop and be gen or better get a gen clasp.

Thanks! Nice idea. What clasp do I need exactly?

"Thanks for the picture and the proof that it will fit. But does it also fit without lug holes? Cause I dont want them since the SeaDweller is also available without and I think my Dial and so on fit to the one without the holes or am I wrong??"

Yes, several members have fit the TC SD bracelet to their non lughole SSD's. I also added a genuine divers extension with the black screw to my TC SD bracelet.

Your dial is correct for non lughole 16600 also. I had my SSD drilled for them as I have the matt 16660 dial, but I also own the TC Superlumed 16600 dial that I plan on using. That dial is one for you to consider also.....It glows :) crazy bright.

You will need the 93160 clasp. I drilled out the clasp to accept the gen clasp springbars and that coupled with the gen diver's extension is good enough for me.

Thanks! Maybe a future upgrade

"Thanks for the picture and the proof that it will fit. But does it also fit without lug holes? Cause I dont want them since the SeaDweller is also available without and I think my Dial and so on fit to the one without the holes or am I wrong??"

Yes, several members have fit the TC SD bracelet to their non lughole SSD's. I also added a genuine divers extension with the black screw to my TC SD bracelet.

Your dial is correct for non lughole 16600 also. I had my SSD drilled for them as I have the matt 16660 dial, but I also own the TC Superlumed 16600 dial that I plan on using. That dial is one for you to consider also.....It glows :) crazy bright.

Thanks, Woof!!

I just ordered the TC 93160A.

Regarding my Dial: this was my opinion too. I double checked with some GEN. Fits! BTW mine is already relumed with Tritec C1 super luminova - So it glows like crazy too. :)

So here is the next Update / What I just ordered:

• TC 93160A

E is correct, none of the Sea Dwellers (SSD or New SD) will accept a gen crystal....Well, with out modification. Watcher, a member here installed one on his SD a while back but he had to toss the crystal gasket and UV glue the crystal to the case/rehaut. It looked great but no guarentee it was water resistant.

• Like 1

That crystal will only fit your case if your case is a genuine case.

E is correct, none of the Sea Dwellers (SSD or New SD) will accept a gen crystal....Well, with out modification. Watcher, a member here installed one on his SD a while back but he had to toss the crystal gasket and UV glue the crystal to the case/rehaut. It looked great but no guarentee it was water resistant.

Thanks for the fast feedback!!

• 3 weeks later...

Look what arrived yesterday. :) A beautiful GEN insert for my Sea Dweller. Sorry for the pictures. All done with my iPhone at night.

post-40027-0-94152000-1347007194_thumb.j

post-40027-0-64204800-1347007189_thumb.j

post-40027-0-80388900-1347007184_thumb.j

I am totally blown by the previous insert. It was a modded one with a Watchmaterial pearl installed by Jackjo. Here is a comparison shot. Already very close to GEN. GEN pearl of course is a bit better. GEN is right.

post-40027-0-59774900-1347007179_thumb.j

A bit better? Mate, it's night and day!

Looks great ! I never regretted that I bought a gen insert for mine..

Well do be honest... now after having it installed a couple of hours ago.. I am in love. Looks so good. :)

Now I just need the new bracelet: http://tc-submariner.blogspot.de/2012/05/39-tc-93160a-rolex-sea-dweller-16600.html?m=1

But unfortunately he is not answering my emails. In only tried two times. Do not want to bother him since he is doing this as a hobby.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Some will love this update and some will hate it... I am already excited to hear your feedback.

Since I visited FineDD anyways (he lives nearby and we meet for my IWC Big Pilot Franken project) we had a chat of what could still be done on my Sea Dweller.

You know I love to wear this watch almost every day. Its my regular watch. As a rare Jackjo version it was already a very good REP - Especially now with the GEN insert and pearl. Also the beautiful TC bracelet is on its way to me. But I wanted some FineDD Spa treatment. So here it is: lume (Tritec C1 super luminova) overworked under the microscope and the double side AR. I know the GEN does not have such an AR but the GEN crystal looks more ARed thn the REP crystal. And many people I know let watchsmith improve their GENs with special coatings, colors and so on. And as soon as my feeling about this changes FineDD can delete the AR on the frontside in a minute.

So what is your mind? Maybe I should scout a GEN dial? Does anybody have one and wants to sell it?

Oh and by the way: thanks to Uwe/FineDD. He does a hell of a job and is very professional. Lucky me that I live close to him.

post-40027-0-37124500-1348520671_thumb.j

post-40027-0-84671900-1348520675_thumb.j

Holy missing crystal, Batman! That's awesome. I personally love it. How many SDs do you see in the wild vs a Submariner? The average Joe has no clue about AR or no AR.

The only thing left is that bugger of the LEC at 6 o'clock. Too bad the AR didn't remove it!

• Like 1

Holy missing crystal, Batman! That's awesome. I personally love it. How many SDs do you see in the wild vs a Submariner? The average Joe has no clue about AR or no AR.

The only thing left is that bugger of the LEC at 6 o'clock. Too bad the AR didn't remove it!

Thanks! I like it too and when someone would ask.... well it is a modified Sea Dweller.

The LES is an issue? Is there none at the GEN?