When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are Korean replicas superior?

dylan

I'm just curious if anyone knows if Korea has its own replica industry or if its just

an extension from China. My girl just headed to Korea today and all her friends

gave her cash to buy fake bags for them....mostly Chanel....

These particular friends are quite aware of Chinese replica bags but claim

that Korea has the best of the best when it comes to bags? That Korean workmanship

is far more meticulous?

Does anyone know if this applies to watches?

Korea does have its own replica manufacturing industry for bags and apparel, but I am not too sure about watches.

I have seen the Hermes replicas offered in Korea, and I would have to say that for the price, they are not necessary better than the Chinese made ones.

As you are well aware, the bags are mostly cut by hand and stitched and assembled by hand. How good the bag turns out would depend largely on the skills on the individual.

You get skilled and unskilled craftsmen in both countries, so the question of which country offers the better replica is a moot one. Show me an "AAA+++" replica from Korea, and I am likely to find the same one in China, and vice versa.

It is a fact that the Chinese made replicas are more accessible online than the Korean ones. More chinese goods are marketed and sold than the Korean ones, and hence, by proxy, more flaws will be discovered about the chinese reps circulating in the market, as compared to the relatively lower number of Korean rep circulations.

If your girlfriend is going to Korea, it makes sense for her to check out, select and purchase the reps she could see and feel herself, as opposed to buying chinese reps online.

Just my 2 cents worth.. someone else would be able to give you different and more insightful perspectives I guess. ;)

thanks LK for commenting...makes sense :)We'll see what she comes back with? I already told her I'm not bailing her out if she gets caught trafficking in a bunchof fake bags through JFK airport :)

Dylan, if she gets caught at JFK, you'll have your questions answered about how good Korea reps are lol.FYI, my friend routinely carries rep LV, chanel and gucci during her travels to both Europe and USA (she's a flight stewardess) and so far, each bag has safely travelled the world and back. she does own gen ones, but prefers "not to get them beat up" when travelling.

Oh, and the reps are chinese of course. I know, cos I ordered them on her behalf. ;)

Like LK states yes they do have their own softgoods production and yes some of the goods I have seen are excellent quality but then some not.

I think by and large the Chinese are better simply because they have to be, jobs are not so easy to come by there.

Ken