When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tips for building any rolex rep

mymanmatt

I've been building and servicing rep watches for 25 years. I have seen the rep watch quality go from extremly poor to astonishing. Along the way I have encountered nearly every problem you can imagine. Here are some tips to help you with your build. Keep in mind there are dozens of cases of each model, and none of them are the same. These are a couple of things to look for during your build that apply to any watch anywhere. First, it is critical that the stem, when the movement is mounted in the case, is dead center, "and I mean dead center", of the case tube. By doing that you can ensure your movement will give you long, trouble free service. Second, be sure your movement mounting ring fits your case properly, no side to side movement. Third, be sure you have proper clearance under the crystal for your sweep second. hand. Fourth, before installing your date wheel overlay, mount you dial on the movement to make sure your date window is aligned with the number on the stock date wheel. If not, adjust you dial to align properly so it will have the proper bulls eye when finished. Fifth, mark you overlay with a small black dot on the center of any number you choose, at the outer edge of the overlay. Then align the black dot with the center of the stem as you attach it to the movement. When aligning the overlay, try not to move it backwards, as this will sometimes move the stock date wheel out of position, causing misaligment during normal operation. These are just a couple of tips to help along with your build. As we all know there are dozens of things to look for when building a watch. If you have any questions during your build pm me and I will try to help. Good luck to you all