When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO help

glassreplica

I have a now two year old UPO 45.5mm from precious time and it is stil beating strong, great watch and my daily wear. I have a real seamaster too which used to be my daily, but the UPO rep is just so good (and working in london) gets the occasional knock which matters less on the rep.

I have a small problem with the watch in that this morning I (well actually my 3 year old pulled the strap hard and the bin gave way) have broken the spring bar in the watch strap, whilst this has lived to 2 years of daily use, I dont think the part was the best quality. I am now looking for a replacement spring bar to replace both ends on the strap. Am I best buying the genuine bars from ofrei or does anyone know the best place to buy aftermarket bars that are good quality? If so, what size bars are right for the UPO I don't want the strap to wobble or be loose.

My second question is that I would like to get a really good quality rubber deployment strap, the gen seems I be several hundred dollars and so if I can get a great rep that would be ideal - any thoughts in where best to source the strap and deployment clasp. My watch is currently on a rep standard rubber which has been great, i also have the bracelet if I fancy a swap occasionally (though I tend not to bother as the seamaster is on the metal strap).

In terms if other reps I also have the brietling navitimer, tend not to wear it much as it has some factory dust particles inside on the glass. I also have a pan 117 ultimate rep on a thick leather strap - whilst th strap was aftermarket and expensive, I want to move to a closer to gen one of these too (yes I will pot this to the panerai section - but just in case you have any thoughts on good close to gen rep straps thought I would ask)

Thanks In advance

You can get good spring bars with out buying omega bars. Just buy 22mm spring bars if it is a 45upo or 20mm bars of it is a 42 po.

The upo rubber straps from the TDs looked to always be pretty good. The 20mm strap for the 42 had some soft quality issues until late. I would hit up one of the dealers they will run you $40-50 USD I think, but its been awhile

Im not aware of any rep deployant clasps available for the rubber PO strap. Usually the deployants are for the leather....the rubber is to thick to fit a deployant In most circumstances.

You can go to most watch shops and pick up some decent to good 22mm spring bars. No need to bring the watch. 22mm should be straight foward.

Or If you wish...just go online. For example.

Mike

Mikehttp://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000X94TVO

Awesome thanks a lot for the responses. That makes life a lot easier.

I have been looking at the straps fom ofrei and am liking the idea of a black rubber deployment strap with white stitching. Though two things put me off: the front looks like leather but is actually rubber - no issue there, but the back of the strap is actually leather which means getting it wet is a no go. Oh, and it's $250 for the strap and another $159 or the clasp. If anyone knows of a good replica of this strap or similar, or even a slightly cheaper gen that would be great. Ofrei also do a totally rubber version with a wave design back.

http://www.ofrei.com/page750.html#26465

The second area I have been researching on this forum is replacing the bezel and pearl so that I can get rid of the annoying misaligned pearl. There are some great posts on here of how to do it but I am too much of a newbie to modding to try it myself as it looks quite difficult. Are there any dealers out there who do this mod and if so, how much should I expect to pay (plus parts)?

Thanks in advance.