When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestions for Recent Purchase Repair (GMT)

robertresh

Hello all. About three weeks ago I procured my first two reps, a Big Pilot and a GMT Master with Swiss movement. I have spent many hours reading reviews on this site, striving to become as educated as possible with the hope that my expectations would be realistic. I purchased the watches from Josh and was impressed with his correspondence. I received the watches in a timely manner and have been happy with the process. Based upon my experience thus far, I wouldn't hesitate to order from Josh again. However, the date function on the GMT has stopped working. I noticed this morning that the date was off by 1 day. When I attempted to adjust the date it would not move. It is now stuck on the 11th. I would genuinely appreciate any feedback on my best course of action. I don't necessarily wish to get josh involved as he is half way around the world. I would like to have it repaired properly and would welcome suggestions. If This post is in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies.

Before you send it out, try wearing and winding it really well (take it running). My ETA 2862 does the same thing, as the power reserve drops the date won't change. If I haven't worn it a few days I can't even change the date manually. But after wearing it for an hour or so it works perfect. I think my dail might be too tight and may be touching the date wheel. Good luck