When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland vs super avenger

Devedander

Thinking about one of these and wondering which way to go... kind if small wrists so thinking skyland... in terms of quality and accuracy is there a big diff between the current ones available? i know there are lume dot placement concerns on the skyland... or is that a thing o the past?

Edited by Devedander

The superavenger is fairly accurate if you go with the black dial. One big tell however is that the non pvd model dial has a bad breitling logo. It's missing the loop in the B, despite being correct on other replicas. At 48.6mm the superavenger is way too big if you have small wrists, it will look a bit comical, however some people like that. I personally passed on the off-the-peg superavenger because of the bad logo, however the other day I picked up a franken with a genuine dial.

I also really like the skyland avenger, so I would recommend it for a smaller wrist. At 45mm it's not as overwhelming.

• 4 weeks later...

The superavenger is fairly accurate if you go with the black dial. One big tell however is that the non pvd model dial has a bad breitling logo. It's missing the loop in the B, despite being correct on other replicas. At 48.6mm the superavenger is way too big if you have small wrists, it will look a bit comical, however some people like that. I personally passed on the off-the-peg superavenger because of the bad logo, however the other day I picked up a franken with a genuine dial.

I also really like the skyland avenger, so I would recommend it for a smaller wrist. At 45mm it's not as overwhelming.

Can you show an example of the B logo problem?

Maybe post a pic of the 'off the peg' and compare to either a good rep or your gen dial?

edit: the reason I ask is because I have a white/cream dialled one and the Breitling logo is hard to pick out (it's silver on a light dial, tiny and I really ought to get some reading glasses) but I'm pretty sure it has a loop on the B.

Edited by Higs

I would go for the Skyland. Mine is the V3, acquired approx 3 years ago. Not as accurate as the latest models from 'H-Factory', but still one of my favourites, excellent build quality and just screams 'expensive' lol! It's my most complimented watch and on my 6.5 inch wrist it's very comfortable despite it's size.

skyland-wrist02.jpg

Can you show an example of the B logo problem?

Maybe post a pic of the 'off the peg' and compare to either a good rep or your gen dial?

edit: the reason I ask is because I have a white/cream dialled one and the Breitling logo is hard to pick out (it's silver on a light dial, tiny and I really ought to get some reading glasses) but I'm pretty sure it has a loop on the B.

Hey, just saw this.

Here is a picture of my dial:

ERZhD.jpg

Here is a picture of the rep dial from Joshua, you can see the emblem is wrong and the font on the print is not quite right either, but much less obvious than the bad emblem IMO. This watch is BIG and the emblem on this one is rather large compared to other models.

zhLfR.jpg

There are rep dials that have mostly correct applied logos with the loop, but not on this particular watch. On the SA, the model with the loop is the printed logo (not applied/button/emblem style) such as on the PVD model.

Edited by Rick James

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody reading this and thinking,guys there is plenty wrong about both,they simply are not gens,feeling on your wrist wise,not even close,they are reps.

You will never likely run into anyone that knows this or cares,the only one that knows you are wearing a rep,is you and the only one calling yourself out is yourself. Thats part of this hobby. Its not for everyone,due to this.

If your all good with wearing a rep,both those reps are fine. Dont worry about it. If your worried,buy a gen.

Anybody reading this and thinking,guys there is plenty wrong about both,they simply are not gens,feeling on your wrist wise,not even close,they are reps.

Not even close? I have to disagree there. The Skyland Avenger is generally considered a super rep and the SA is one of the best and easiest reps to franken. Plus you're contradicting yourself, if the only one able to call him off is himself then how can you call these reps "not even close" to the gen? No no no my friend, you're way off there.

Not even close? I have to disagree there. The Skyland Avenger is generally considered a super rep and the SA is one of the best and easiest reps to franken. Plus you're contradicting yourself, if the only one able to call him off is himself then how can you call these reps "not even close" to the gen? No no no my friend, you're way off there.

I helped bring out some of these reps my friend. But thanks.

Its the on wrist feeling and the fact your more likely to be worried about wearing a rep,a feeling unwarranted,im talking about. Mind over matter.