When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelets for 6263

dieselpower

@cc33 Thanks for info. but I am confused. I bought a gen folded link bracelet for my previous 6263 (EE), can't remember what endlinks it came with but it fitted the case just fine. Also I bought another gen folded bracelet for a 6263 (DW 7750) and it is with Domi at the moment, he has not (so far) said there is a problem with the bracelet fitting, sorry, can't remember what endlinks are on this either. Also, and I don't mean to throw the cat amongst the pigeons but freddy333 uses folded link gens on his 6263's (I think) and he is quite well up on these things. I'm not saying what he has chosen to do is correct or not but I'm quite sure a folded link bracelet fits a 6263.

Like I say, I don't know what to do or which to chose hopefully more experts will chime in. Interesting stuff indeed.

I'm not saying that a gen folded bracelet is not correct for a 6263, its not the norm an oyster band is, but it has end links that are not removable. The experience that I've had is that they are never a perfect fit. I had a folded band with 57 end links that didnt fit well. They can potentially come with any number of other end link codes as well, so if you can't remove them you have to make sure to buy one with the exact ends you need, that's the trouble. That's why an oyster band is better for a 6263/5 not only is it the norm but you can use the proper 571 ends with it.. The 6238/9 have slightly diff lug hole placements so the folded or rivet bracelets fit much better on them. The 6263/5 don't forget are not that old. They mostly came with oyster bands.

There's no guarantee that 571 endlinks will fit your case perfectly, due to variations in lug dimensions and hole placements on the reps versus the gens. Most of the time, they need some light modification to fit. Afterward, they fit great.

Not all folded-link bracelets have fixed endlinks. The detachable endlinks are denoted by a '2' instead of a '3' at the start of their reference number i.e. 257 vs. 357, 271 vs. 371. A 7835 bracelet with 257 or 357 endlinks should be a decent fit on most 6263 reps.

Ideally, you would want a 7835 with 271 or 371 endlinks, but prepare to pay upward of $1000 for one. Then prepare to destroy all its value by trimming those rare endlinks to fit!

All of the following were fitted to the 6263 by Rolex -

7205 (riveted) with 71 ends

7835 (folded link) with either 271 or 371 ends

78350 (solid link) with 571 ends

Early versions would have had rivets, mid versions folded links & the final versions solid link. Today, if Rolex replaced a bracelet on a 6263, it would be fitted with the 78350. Any of these would be suitable.

As for end links other than those indicated above, it is hit-or-miss since only those listed above were made to fit the 62xx Daytona case. I have 7835s with 357 ends on all of my 62xx Daytonas &, while they do not fit perfectly, they look & feel fine to me.

• Like 1

Very nice. Bracelet and enlinks are rep?

Gens. janeto72's list of ingredients for his 6263 build is staggering!

The only decent-looking 571 rep endlinks I've seen are the ones on the cartel vintage Daytonas. That said, I've never examined them up close, so I have no idea how they would fit on a DW or Phong case. As for the bracelets, wiesn089 put together an excellent comparison.

If you already have a 78350 bracelet, I'd suggest you buy a pair of 571 endlinks at an AD. They are able to get them and normally they shouldn't be too expensive - at least speaking in vintage Rolex terms.

I had to file off a very small amount from the sides of my phong case lugs in order to accompany the gen endlinks, after that they fit great.

Just make sure you are very cautious, small imperfections will stay hidden underneath the bezel anyway, but you will always know that they are there and it's stuff like that tends to drive you crazy. ;) Mine were fine though, so all good! :D

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated. The watch is virtually finished and should be back with me in a week or two. I will experiment with the endlinks that I have, also I am now spoilt by having two gen bracelets to choose from ( :) ) so I'll make my mind up what to do then. By the way and off topic(ish) but today I received a set of 580 endlinks from WSO which I have fitted with gen springbars onto an old school MBW rivetted 7206 and they are a lovely snug fit (on a new 5513 MBW head). Thanks to highoeyzum.. for the recommendation.

Great picture -the second one-, really !!!!

FYI all : the cartel 571 end links are slightly too large to fit a DW case. You'll need to mod them, but it's worth it as the stamping is really awesome.

How is the fit once installed ? I had to shave my gen 571 slightly to fit the Phong case, but once done the fit was awesome.