When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YukiWatch 3135 Mini-review

watcher

Today after record delivery time(sat posted and delivered today to UK!!) I received my 3135 clone from Yukiwatch.

It was well packaged in plenty of bubble wrap.

This is how it arrived after opening.

030-2.jpg

025-3.jpg

Here is shot without rep DW and then a pic with it fitted and working perfeclty!

028-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

Then came the fitting of the dial which was no problem and has little screws to secure the dial feet in place.

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

Next the hands. All go on without any issue whatsoever!!. One thing to note and this may be the case on a genuine 3135 but the canon pinions are stepped so that the hands sit perfeclty in the right place! impressed with that I must say!

033-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

I never had an early version of this movement and have not got a genuine 3135 stem but there is no thin section on this stem to break!

037.jpg

Here are a couple of pics in the case.

041.jpg

042.jpg

I will let you draw your own conclusions as to whether this is an updated version but it seems to be working well and does not appear to have the issues of the ealry movement.

The dial and hands brings this watch alive though!!

Here is a side by side pic of my WM9 V3 set up.

039.jpg

Well i must say that looks great! that is fastest delivery and review i ever saw! no doubt they are getting better (movements) for me i would not go to the expence even if i could afford it for a gen movement unless i was building with all gen parts and it was a rare model so 200usd sounds great to me can they supply engraving 3135 ect?

I have used some eta screws until my rollie screws arrive from cousins Wednesday. The heads are a bit small so only just securing under the lip for now. The movement fits fine and theorem aligns perfectly central in the tube hole!

I have however discovered a problem with the movement, when changing the date manually it is fine but at 12 it changes over in 2 day jumps instead of the next day! Any ideas???

I have used some eta screws until my rollie screws arrive from cousins Wednesday. The heads are a bit small so only just securing under the lip for now. The movement fits fine and theorem aligns perfectly central in the tube hole!

I have however discovered a problem with the movement, when changing the date manually it is fine but at 12 it changes over in 2 day jumps instead of the next day! Any ideas???

[censored], that's not good. Could be the day jumped has the wrong spring? Or maybe the date wheel is the wrong one?

"I have however discovered a problem with the movement, when changing the date manually it is fine but at 12 it changes over in 2 day jumps instead of the next day! Any ideas???"

Maybe not enough tension on the the little 'pointer' that locates the date, shown between 12 and 13 in the top date wheel pics and between 5 and 6 in the lower pic. Should not be hard to fix.

The first batch of genuine 3035 had this problem but it is not made like the 3135.

The movement looks good.

I have a few 152xx and 162xx cases, dials etc that have been parted out...maybe get a couple of these movements and fire them up.

I could give my wife one just to see how rugged they are. :hammer:

• Like 1

Are you saying that if you advance the date when the hour hand is at 12 this was something I did not think was a good idea.

I am sure It says in the manual for my gen sub. That you can do damage to the movement. If you manually advance the date between the hours of 9 and 3. If I am setting the time I usually move the time to 6 to set the date.

No that is not what I mean buddy. The date advances 2 days under normal operating when the time reaches 12 and it changes over automatically.

When I change the date via the crown only after 6am and before 3pm it changes one day only. It is as if the spring tension that changes the date automatically is too strong an flicks it 2 days rather than just the next date.