When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YukiWatch 3135 Mini-review

watcher

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/4/2016 at 4:15 PM, misiekped said:

Members asking if gen parts are interchangeable with yuki, and to answer that I did small test

Used Yuki

Mainplate

Escape wheel

Pallet fork

Balance wheel complete with bridge

Finger for date

Intermediate date corrector wheel

All screws

Rest of the parts are gen

https://vimeo.com/163079918https://vimeo.com/163079974

https://vimeo.com/163079991

I know is not economically right but just want to check what could be done with yuki

I'm amazed with the performance

Enjoy

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for share with us

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous! Everything looks incredibly gen. Fantastic job on finding a good stem. Hoping to see a follow up for movement reliability

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are they really only from Yuki?   On his website, he says they come from a factory where it is dusty or dirty so wouldn't any one else be ordering these 3135 clones?    With the crazy price of genuine movements, you think whoever is making these 3135 clones would be selling like crazy.

Now I wonder if Yuki simply got different factories to make some of the parts and then they had to be put together by a third party, and thus why it's hard to coordinate and get these made again?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, preacher62 said:

Go to http://www.crownandskull.com. This guy is Yuki's agent un CONUS. He can sell a movement serviced or not. All info is there. Just received a movement from him 2 weeks ago. Great guy.

Crown and Skull is a member here under the name @TickleShoes

Apparently Yuki isn't really selling individual movements any more, but supply isn't a problem.

• 10 months later...

It looks like the 3135 clone has been around since perhaps 2012 or earlier, is there a way to communicate a desire for further development towards a 3185 or 3186 nearly 1:1 clone except the balance wheel.  I can accept the regulation bar vs free spring and weights as I wouldn't expect the manufacturer to both affordably and reliably regulate to COSC with weights despite free spring being superior and more authentic, if they did a bad job regulation would be both expensive and difficult.

The Yuki/SH 3135 to 3185 w/gen parts is already the replica builders grail, but either a retro parts kit or preferably a clean serviced 3185/3186 build at a similar price as the Yukis would make it available to all.

I want to assume that RO and SH factories know that there is demand for GMT movement watches similar to the competitively priced 3135 equipped watches they are already selling, and that the SA movement watch builds are all kinds of trouble compared to similar priced SH movement builds.

So if they can build a parts swappable 3135 clone why not clone the additional parts to build a 3185?

The 3135 and 3185 were introduced in 1988 and patented before introduction, the design patents are now long expired so it could be safely manufactured and sold worldwide as a legal generic part were it not engraved with trademarked names and symbols in the same way many ETA designs are.

If not is it possible near term to get a clone GMT movement then is is possible to find or request some or most of the generic parts or offer a kit to convert a Yuki 3135 to 3185? 

I feel like there is a market and easy money for a number of people to gain by making a functional and accurate 0.95:1 GMT clone movement and watches based on that available.

Edited by Fliegher

• 3 weeks later...

Follow on to my Jan 22 post on Yuki 3135 and manufacturing or modifying to cal.3185:
I have been doing some research and what is probably the largest challenge with manufacturing an all-Chinese 3185 or 3186 movement is the hour jumping module. I have not had one on my bench but from what I can see from pictures this module is about the size of a regular movement wheel, a bit thick, but is actually sandwich assembly of ruby/sapphire plates with springs and 12 precision detents (12 hour jumps) inside which are only functional when the hour quickset is being used. The top of the Chinese watch industry could probably pull this off but it is likely an order of magnitude or two of precision required to manufacture this one modular assembly. It seems to me that everything else is just watch making. Many good and I suspect most cheap Chinese watch factories are already running robotic CNC milling and assembly of their movements but I don't know if they are precise enough to make this part. It comes down to engineering capability of the factory making these parts. I recall that even Rolex changed the cal.3135 and renamed that modified calibre to 3136 to correct some minor alignment issues with the hour jumping quickset mechanism, so it was a challenge even for Rolex who should have access to amongst the best and most expensive large scale manufacturing line in the world and all of the money in the watch world to get the design correct.
I suppose that the movement could be copied without jumping as is done with the non-CHS DG3804 and HZ6460(gmt mod Asian 2836-2), though it seems that the unreliable so called SA3136 movements have managed this. The problem is the human eye is very good at seeing non-aligned scale markings, this is what makes a vernier scale work on precision tools like older micrometer calipers, so most of us want a watch that all of the hands line up perfectly every time the minute hand hits the hour.
Corrections welcome, especially with pics!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
17 hours ago, mui.richard.hk said:

Sometimes the journey is more than half the fun once you learn to appreciate it you know?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

I have fun modding my skx to make it unique. But trying to spending 1/6th of the the price of buying a submariner on a replica is just too dear. The watch will never be reliable as a genuine rolex and you'll be forever noticing the flaws in it.

Considering you can buy a very good oris or sinn watch for $1000 I would rather pick that option.

I have fun modding my skx to make it unique. But trying to spending 1/6th of the the price of buying a submariner on a replica is just too dear. The watch will never be reliable as a genuine rolex and you'll be forever noticing the flaws in it.

Considering you can buy a very good oris or sinn watch for $1000 I would rather pick that option.
I have bought two Oris watches in my life, one is a Pointer Date chronometer back in 1995, and the other is a Pan Europe 3-hander. The Pointer Date was great and had proved to be accurate. The Pan Europe? Not so much...it was consistently losing about 8 seconds a day.

Here's my rep 5513 Cartel based with a gen dial and gen insert. I put in a gen 2824-2 and the accuracy and reliability are top notch, better than the Pan Europ actually in terms of accuracy. Gaining 1.5 seconds a day average.

For me personally? The 5513 is so much more fun to wear than the Pan Europ I gifted the latter to my son last year as his 16 year old birthday present.

Yes there are a lot of watches available in the 1k range...just not a lot that interest me.4a5806c255d18f6317109f59367514bb.jpgf327b4adb996da41c829a8f5c2d4e6f1.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 years later...