When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YukiWatch 3135 Mini-review

watcher

The genuine Rolex part arrived today but did not fix the problem! Now the keyless works are screwed up!!

What is the problem now? Has the movement been (properly) overhauled since you received it?

My point is that while this movement may very well have inherent flaws, you cannot really know whether a problem is due to a design flaw or simply poor overall condition. Even the generally bullet-proof 1570 will crash & burn within seconds if improperly maintained.

As is the case with most reps (& pre-assembled frankens), movements from Asia tend to arrive in poor overall condition & in need of an overhaul. So the only way to gauge the inherent quality of this movement is to have it properly serviced (so the usual problems of dirt, improper lubrication & poor adjustment can be ruled out) & then see how she behaves.

• Like 1

I would not personally bother overhauling a cheap Asian movement like this. For me it was a short term fitment anyway.

Yukiwatch did say this was and inherent problem with these movements.

The gen part does fit ok but was not the problem. It was worth a try but now I have looked closer into the movement the finish of the some of the parts are not great, a found a cog with 4 teeth missing on the date corrector mechanism and a screw head broken off on part of the keyless works parts!

I will leave it to someone else to waste a lot of money on servicing on of these and I will just wait for my gen3135 to be ready.

It was worth a try but now I have looked closer into the movement the finish of the some of the parts are not great, a found a cog with 4 teeth missing on the date corrector mechanism and a screw head broken off on part of the keyless works parts!

As always, with reps (clones are reps), have it serviced upon receipt. Problems like this are quite typical.

I will leave it to someone else to waste a lot of money on servicing on of these and I will just wait for my gen3135 to be ready.

Arguments can always be made that the huge price differentials between gens & reps/clones cannot be justified. However, the differences (in fit & finish) are real & it is up to the buyer as to what that difference is worth.

• Like 1

"The gen part does fit ok but was not the problem. It was worth a try but now I have looked closer into the movement the finish of the some of the parts are not great, a found a cog with 4 teeth missing on the date corrector mechanism and a screw head broken off on part of the keyless works parts!"

Sorry to hear the movement turned out to be a tur(d). I had high hopes. :wounded1:

I guess it's back to eta 2836, date overlays, and epoxy.

Sup, That is what this is all about. A hot rod is not just all gen parts, but rather a combination of the best parts that work better than intended, while keeping one's budget semi reasonable(although sometimes this is blown out of the water in pursuit of that "perfection'')

I'm getting a gen date wheel for mine to have the correct round 3 and open 6/9.

E

Just to update everyone, I just received two of Yuki's second batch of 3135 movements. No issue with the date jumping issue and everything looks good...so far

I asked Yuki if the date issues have been correct with a second run but I just got this answer:

"Sorry they are still same version and one lots of production.

Thank you.

yukiwatch"

I would not personally bother overhauling a cheap Asian movement like this. For me it was a short term fitment anyway.

Yukiwatch did say this was and inherent problem with these movements.

The gen part does fit ok but was not the problem. It was worth a try but now I have looked closer into the movement the finish of the some of the parts are not great, a found a cog with 4 teeth missing on the date corrector mechanism and a screw head broken off on part of the keyless works parts!

So, if Chiman got two and they are both running OK, and all of these were from the same batch, it might be that yours was assembled by some ham handed apprentice who didn't "notice" that a gear had 4 teeth missing, and screwed up the keyless works. If he/she broke off a screwhead, probably using and impact wrench for assembly!! :bangin:

I concur with watcher, the finishing is not great...pretty much on par with ETA movements. But...it is a $230 movement and not a $1500 movement...

In comparison to the A3135, it is significantly different in build. Based on initial assessment, the date wheel on the A3135 larger than on the Y3135 (Yuki 3135) movement. As watcher pointed out, the stem is completely different, definitely more robust on the Y3135. Even the date advancing gear is completely different on both movements, in which I noticed that this could be a failure point for the A3135.

For the finish of the movement, take into consideration that the A7750 is roughly finished as compared to the gen, but after serving, the reliability of the asian movement is pretty much on par with the gen. I am hoping that the Y3135 will be the same...

My next step is to get some replacement 3135 winding stems from WSO to check the compatibility with the Y3135.

I know i have already asked this but do you think this y3135 is the same movement that puretime uses for there superclone 3135 watches puretime says that its the first clone that fits gen hands and dial and can be installed in a gen case in the photos it looks much better than the A3135 s

I know i have already asked this but do you think this y3135 is the same movement that puretime uses for there superclone 3135 watches puretime says that its the first clone that fits gen hands and dial and can be installed in a gen case in the photos it looks much better than the A3135 s

I have both movements and they are definitely different...I don't want to hijack watchers thread, so I'll start a new one to point out the differences.

• Like 2

I was wondering if its possible to convert this movement to single bridge im thinking of ditching the datewheel and dropping this movement into 5512 sub as its not marked 3135 it would be a step up from an eta and without the date complication should be a reliable movement after a full service!