When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YukiWatch 3135 Mini-review

watcher

When the complete watch with this(or similar) movement came out way back when...no one wanted to buy the whole watch. It looks like they may have fixed the stem problem too.

That top bridge piece I showed above can be had for 2-300$...same as the rotor. So for 600$ or so you have a very good looking movement and hopefully this pans out to be a great running movement.

I think I am going to order one for my TC :) I still wish they did this with the 1520 and 1570....Freddy's right, as gen parts are getting harder to get every day, more gen owners are going to be using more aftermarket parts...there should be a good market for several different Rolex movement clones.

When the complete watch with this(or similar) movement came out way back when...no one wanted to buy the whole watch. It looks like they may have fixed the stem problem too.

That top bridge piece I showed above can be had for 2-300$...same as the rotor. So for 600$ or so you have a very good looking movement and hopefully this pans out to be a great running movement.

I think I am going to order one for my TC :) I still wish they did this with the 1520 and 1570....Freddy's right, as gen parts are getting harder to get every day, more gen owners are going to be using more aftermarket parts...there should be a good market for several different Rolex movement clones.

If we could find the manufacturers or someone with some sort of contact mabe we could make a list of names wanting a 1570,1520 and have a special order made .there is a market for these movements this has been said already not only franken builders but gen owners im ready to sign the list now ( am i just dreaming) we built this world on dreams!

Oh I don't know aero, your talking about developing and machining hundreds of parts and then R&D for just one new movement.

I doubt that even if we had a mess pre sold that we could influence them. But put me down on the list if that gets organized :)

If we could find the manufacturers or someone with some sort of contact mabe we could make a list of names wanting a 1570,1520 and have a special order made .there is a market for these movements this has been said already not only franken builders but gen owners im ready to sign the list now ( am i just dreaming) we built this world on dreams!

Patience, grasshopper. The door is now open & the horse is already out of the barn. It is just a matter of time until there are many Rolex clone movements to choose from.

Just a small update regarding my movement jumping 2 dates at midnight.

I have discovered that the date jumper spring is almost non existent and it broke when I tried to tension it. What I have seen is that the movement appears to be accurate to the gen on the dial side of the movement and a genuine date jumper from cousins should fit and I have ordered one. There is also signs of oil in the movement so that is good!

Will update later.

If we can get someone to produce nice sterile dials and hands to match, one can potentially build a sterile watch which works the same as gen, without the complications. I would love to build something like that with super lume and rock the hell out of it every day. Date, or no date.

E

But why would you bother with a gen style movement when you can spend alot less and use a ch2824 and have just as good a watch!??

im very happy with my ch2824 and ch2836-2 they run perfectly the 2836-2 has a very smooth sweep better that some of my swiss etas.

Just because. An ETA 2824 will run you just as much as this movement is selling for brand new. Using gen hands and proper hand stack spacing works for me also. I'm just weird like that.

Yes, I do love the 28* ETAs and these have served me well. Not switching or denying that, but building a watch with it will be ok in my book.

Now, if we can sort the issue with the date jumper.....

E

If we can get someone to produce nice sterile dials and hands to match, one can potentially build a sterile watch which works the same as gen, without the complications. I would love to build something like that with super lume and rock the hell out of it every day. Date, or no date.

E

Try ruhelena(henenarou) and rafflestime (ruffles) they are on ebay sell sterile cases too they also have there own sites (on raffletime site make sure that you are getting what you ordered) they have some photos of dials that dont match the description so email them to check. on ebay it should be ok.

All of the dials they have are too big for what I was referring. Rou's ceramic cases are not bad, but not for what I had in mind. Also all offer only eta or DG foot location.

Like I said, I'm funny like that. No biggie

I once tried shaving a dial to fit in a gen style case and that was not good either. For now, homage/ Franken it has to be.

Now back to the topic of the OP, can we perhaps order a bulk order of these date jumpers at a much lower cost and save money that way? If we can figure this out I can see me ordering at least three of these movements in the near future and sell some ETAs just to keep some gen dials "virgins" with their feet intact.