When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

YukiWatch 3135 Mini-review

watcher

Carry on for me. This a thread to keep an eye on for most of us I think.

The ptsa3135 and yuki are very different. The yuki seems to be a much closer copy on all areas than the first sa3135.

Okay...thanks watcher...pardon me if I use the wrong terms as I'm not a watchmaker...

The Y3135 has no markings....the balance bridge, regulator, shock absorbing clamp are completely different

DSCN0911.jpgDSCN0912.jpg

Close up pics of the regulator and balance bridge. notice the beveled edge and the additional screw on the bridge on the Y3135 as compared to the A3135

DSCN0914.jpgDSCN0915.jpg

Here we have a close up of the winding lever. The pivot used for the A3135 is much smaller than the one used on the Y3135

DSCN0916.jpgDSCN0917.jpg

Even the holes for the case screws are different sizes...Y3135 being smaller

DSCN0918.jpgDSCN0919.jpg

Let's take a look at the jewels for the reversing wheels. The jewels used on the A3135 are much smaller than the Y3135

DSCN0927.jpgDSCN0928.jpg

Now on to the front of the movement.

The date wheel auto advancing wheel on the Y3135 has a jewel, while on the A3135 there is no jewel

DSCN0923_2.jpgDSCN0921_2.jpg

The manual date advancing wheel is also different. On the Y3135, it is actualy a gear, similar to the gen, while the A3135 uses a plate and thin tube to attach the gear which advances the date wheel.

DSCN0923.jpgDSCN0924.jpg

THe Y3135 uses a jewel to hold and align the date wheel, while the A3135 uses a metal stud

DSCN0925.jpgDSCN0926.jpg

And finally the stem, the Y3135 (with plastic crown) is much more "significant" than the A3135. The Y3135 looks closer to the WSO 3135 replacement stems for the 3135

DSCN0929.jpg

Thanks chiMAN12 we appreciate your excellent review and pointers Can we get this pinned? this is very interesting info and should be available for all to see ! great job!

I can pin this and i think i will,

we can see there that these is with out doupt at least 3 versions of the 3135

Rolex

Y3135

A3135

and it does not look like many parts are compatible

I wish some one could send these to Ziggy so we could hear his expert oppinion

• 2 weeks later...

With the date jumping, i had the same problem when i used aftermarket date wheel on gen rolex. I then got gen datewheel and the problem fixed. I think it's about either how the teeth of the datewheel is cut or warperage of the datewheel... just a guess

Chris from 10:10 did a great full tear down review of this movement.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/36061-Yuki-3135-Clone-teardown-and-review

My conclusion is, this is a movement that follows a solid simple design very closely, but it's produced using the least expensive materials and poor technique. Could be from a 21J factory with the typical rep quality assembly. Because so many parts are so poorly finished, it seems prone to be problematic. A gen movement would have all of the bridges highly decorated and polished, and the edges finished with anglage. The wheels and gears should also be polished so any imperfections and rough edges are either spotted and rejected, or corrected. The overall re-assembly was very easy though, bridges didn't stick like on a clone ETA, and everything fit together neatly, but there was excessive endshake in the balance and in some of the wheels which is time consuming to adjust.

If you buy one, expect that it will need a service at least, but what you get it is:

a better keyless

a proper fit in a TC case (confirming that soon)

the ability to take gen hands and a gen dial (also coming soon)

hands that turn in the same direction as gen

and a datewheel that should be much more reliable.

A couple of notes:

Upon receipt, the movement wound and set very stiffly and felt cheap. After the service it's much better.

The stem came with rust on the threads, oh well.

The click isn't quite milled right so that when it's screw is tightened it doesn't function correctly. I just found out why they didn't tighten that screw all the way when I received it.

FANTASTIC THREAD, REVIEW AND COMPARISON.

Thanks watcher and thanks to all the "heavy hitting gurus" and resident experts for the priceless infomation.

I agree.

This will open the market to gen owner replacements over the next decade.

(to date Rolex has pulled 312 parts accts here in the CONUS....at least that's what I've been told.

by someone I consider to be a very reliable source :( )

• 3 months later...

Some more notes on gen rolex spares in the Y3135:

I replaced all keyless works on my Y3135 for genuine Rolex parts. They fit without a problem, only the jumper for the setting lever has to be slightly modified. 

The Y3135 also takes genuine or generic Rolex 3135 stems! Gen hands fit perfectly!

My Y3135 came very clean, oiled and regulated to about +3s/day. 

I am very pleased with the Y3135 and would recommend it in a heartbeat. Only thing I am not perfectly happy with is the date wheel. Genuine date wheels work on the Y3135, so I'll replace it with a gen once I find a white date wheel.

Some more notes on gen rolex spares in the Y3135:

I replaced all keyless works on my Y3135 for genuine Rolex parts. They fit without a problem, only the jumper for the setting lever has to be slightly modified. 

The Y3135 also takes genuine or generic Rolex 3135 stems! Gen hands fit perfectly!

My Y3135 came very clean, oiled and regulated to about +3s/day. 

I am very pleased with the Y3135 and would recommend it in a heartbeat. Only thing I am not perfectly happy with is the date wheel. Genuine date wheels work on the Y3135, so I'll replace it with a gen once I find a white date wheel.

cool!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...