When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of the IW371806 Spitfire Double Chronograph

alanytical

I don't see a lot of pics of this watch on the forums, so I thought I'd share a few. I just picked this up today and my first impression was very positive. It appears visually accurate, well constructed, and it's a sharp looker that goes well with browns and khakis. I think it makes for a great office watch; conservative and professional. I also have a new buffalo leather strap from Germany on order, which should be the perfect replacement.

20120919_115848_zps7eb57af3.jpg

20120919_115857_zpsc6bad276.jpg

20120919_115902_zps458b248a.jpg

20120919_115907_zps5255d83a.jpg

20120919_115911_zpse8efba00.jpg

20120919_115915_zps2b0378b0.jpg

20120919_115919_zps89a35331.jpg

20120919_133420_zps6f6f8005.jpg

20120919_133427_zps88ef1788.jpg

Ri-LC385-dbraun20-Uhrenarmband_zps46a22bbb.jpg

DSC07027_zps12b4f56f.jpg

DSC07028_zps266ba643.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like the case back.

I was thinking about it but the fake split second hand put me off.

Does the pusher at 11 has any functions?

The pusher at 11 has no function. I find the case back to be its weakness. The serial number is just lasered on the watch. The letters could be a little deeper.

Other than that the watch is excellent! I can recommend this watch :). The watch is very heavy though when compared to the 3789 which is the same size.

The pusher at 11 has no function. I find the case back to be its weakness. The serial number is just lasered on the watch. The letters could be a little deeper.

Other than that the watch is excellent! I can recommend this watch :). The watch is very heavy though when compared to the 3789 which is the same size.

You mean the 3799 ;-)

Nice watch btw

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

as mentioned above: I was thinking about it but the fake split second hand put me off.

This is also a reason not to buy this watch but on the other hand I like and I need the size of this watch.

According my information, the diameter should be 46 mm. Is somebody able to confirm this?

Maybe a stupipo question, is there an possibility to close the hole from the fake pusher at 11:00.

I have access to very small welding devices in orde to manufacture thermocouples for hot gas areas in gas turbines.

After disassembly and separte the housing it shoul be possible.

Maybe I will also equip It with an TopGun Dial.

Regards

Hi Gents,

as mentioned above: I was thinking about it but the fake split second hand put me off.

This is also a reason not to buy this watch but on the other hand I like and I need the size of this watch.

According my information, the diameter should be 46 mm. Is somebody able to confirm this?

Maybe a stupipo question, is there an possibility to close the hole from the fake pusher at 11:00.

I have access to very small welding devices in orde to manufacture thermocouples for hot gas areas in gas turbines.

After disassembly and separte the housing it shoul be possible.

Maybe I will also equip It with an TopGun Dial.

Regards

Hi and welcome here. The watch is 44mm. You mean close the hole if you remove the pusher at 11 o'clock? I am not aware that anyone has tried this.

If you plan to put a Top Gun dial, why not go directly with a 3789? It doesn't have the 11 o'clock pusher and is the same size. A Top Gun dial in a 3718 looks fake and is a much bigger tell than the non working pusher. Besides that, it would look weird with the spitfire hands.

wow, thanks for your quick post.

Yes, I am complety agree with you, but I have two Topguns but both are at this time "not working" I like to replace the A 7750 against a standart 7750 eta.

I mentioned this with the welding because I am assumed that also the stainless steel Housing of the spitfire double has the same size as the "big" TopGun.

Another opportunity would be that this incridible worse logo on the left side of the housing would not exist (on the SS Version)

Regards

Sorry for some errors, I am not a native english speaker ;-)

Oh okay, now I get it. Yes, you can replace the Asian 7750 movement with an ETA 7750 movement, BUT you will have problems fitting the chrono second hand. The hole is a little too small, but some members say it can be widened to fit the ETA 7750 movement.

My Top Gun 3789 has the paint removed. It looks pretty cool now! The small Top Gun is 44mm and it is the same size as the 3718, just the height is a little different.

Yes, Swiss guy here :).

Michael, yet you are right.

Please find attached a comparison between an ETA 7750 and an ASIA 7750 Clone (3LZF2)

Drawings revealed:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA 7750

Hour Hand -> 2,00 mm

Minute Hand -> 1,20 mm

Central sec. Hand -> 0,25 mm

Small hands -> 0.18 mm

ASIA 7750 (3LZF2)

Hour Hand -> 2,00 mm

Minute Hand -> 1,20 mm

Central sec. Hand -> 0,22 mm

Small hands -> 0.22 mm

But by measuring the existing damaged 3LZF2 the diameter of the small hands are only 0.18 which is matching with the ETA movement ????

But my biggest concern are because of the central second hand 0,22 (clone) to 0.25 mm ETA!

There is a difference from appr. 0.03mm.

Is it possible to enlarge the central second hand by 0.03 mm.

This is 13 % of size!

Regards

post-40612-0-91277200-1350905786_thumb.j

Edited by 10pgb20

Hi 10pgb20, nice answer :). Thank I didn't know about the exact diameters. The small hands fit without problems, but as said the big second hand won't fit without modification. A watchmaker should be able to adapt it for you. I've read that some members have managed to widen it themselves. And some members like me have broken the big second hand :).