When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen or fake? 116200 Datejust

Tom Hawkes

Hey. Can anyone tell by these pictures if this watch is a gen Rolex?

Serial is supposed to be MO44935 and the watch was bought in 2007. Offered complete with everything for 1600€.. seems to be too good to be true?

Any help appreciated.

http://250kb.de/u/12...OdxZh4FiYXA.jpg

http://250kb.de/u/12...xMHmFUIZLer.jpg

http://250kb.de/u/12...eeq7URzE0H0.jpg

seeq7URzE0H0.jpg

kOdxZh4FiYXA.jpg

dxMHmFUIZLer.jpg

Edited by Tom Hawkes

I saw the offer, decided to pass though, just doesn't seem right ...

The problem is, someone will always go for it, people are unbelievably susceptible to this sort of thing. They always think 'this is the bargain I've been waiting for all my life' and then they whine about getting screwed.

I saw the offer, decided to pass though, just doesn't seem right ...

The problem is, someone will always go for it, people are unbelievably susceptible to this sort of thing. They always think 'this is the bargain I've been waiting for all my life' and then they whine about getting screwed.

You should probably get a mod involved to prevent this kind of thing happening because this does happen often and I think we as a group of enthusiasts and such should do something about it if we spot it.

Buying a gen is very risky on line we have seen what can be created by us franken builders and some one who wants to rip someone off could do so not everyone is an expert

and some sellers may not know that they are selling a fake, opening the back is no longer a sure way to prove its a gen ,even gens are now fitted with aftermarket dials inserts and so on ,

If the watch is fake but fitted with a gen movement, 1600 usd may not be a total loss, the movement if in good condition would still have a value at least with ebay you have the option to return the watch, now with these clone 3135 movement its even more dangerous to the none expert eye.

A 5513 sub correctly stamped case and an aged dial and gen movement could be passed on to a seller not knowing its a fake and then resold a lot of buyers no nothing about

vintage rolexes but buy them for an investment.

The box at least is fake. Would stay away if I were you.

The SELs being recessed is not necessarily true with the six-digit datejusts. The pics of the watch are not the best and there are very good fakes out there of this model... Ask for pics of the case back. I'd bet there is a 18k or R marking on the back of the lugs.