When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOSF V2(?) Asian Clone has arrived!

slask111

Look what the mailman brought this morning! Took forever to get here but it was worth it. I just just opened the package and resized the bracelet. After this post its time for the SS band to get a Rock N Roll spa treatment.

When i opened the package i actually said "wow" and smiled. This watch has presence! Its big, heavy and really well made. The AR just blows me away. I did not get the same impression of the N00b 112 and 111 v3 that i just received.

The only thing i don't like is the bracelet. Sure it looks good, but feels lightweight and flimsy (i compare to my Ebel 1911). Maybe some Rock N Roll oil will solve this.

As i write in the title im not sure if this is a V2. Some ppl say its not and point to the crown and dw font. I bought this from Sead and i asked if this was the V2 and he said yes. Maybe you can tell?

Also when i set the time and screw in the crown again i notice that it winds the movement. Never had a watch that did this before. I guess the stem is to long. Could this be a problem?

Sead salespost: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/150354-breitling-superocean-steelfish-clone-movement-same-specs-as-swiss-great-price/

Anyway on to some quick pics:

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Awesome piece S ;) had my white dial a couple weeks now (from sead) and it does the same when setting the time but changes the date too, figure it will need a service to sort it out but hey it's a keeper for sure so no worries :inverted: enjoy it and thanks for sharing! Must say that Sead is great to deal with too!

Mine says Hi :)

IMG_1174.jpg

If It has the superlume then It's a V2. It looks like yours has the superlume. Great looking SF.....congratulations.

My UN Maxie does the same thing when screwing the crown back In. Just make sure you dont have a full wind when setting the time. You don't want to over wind when screwing the crown back In.

Mike

Im now pretty sure its not the v2. First of the crown is not genlike, i cant say that a v2 is better though. But i can tell you its not superlume. When i go from a light room to a dark room with my pam they glow like hell, but when i try the same with this SOSF it dosent glow at all. I will try it more during the week. I still love it though, great fit for my wrist.

Im a bit confused. The luma hour markers are flat and nice (v2). But the lume and crown is not (v1).

Edited by slask111

slask111 ,

Also have the Sead SOSF received yesterday. Same deal on the crown winding while tightening thing but no date change like the Sgt, I have others that do this just be careful per Maxman & they have run fine. Lume seems OK but I agree not up there with real stuff on some of my others. I gave my bracelet a white lightning treatment feels much better, judging from your photos I better get started on cleaning up the head. I went white like Sgt going to take it out on the town today!P.S. V2 or not no idea leave that to our experts.

Yup its a keeper. It looks great in white as well.

Bracelet in the spa atm, so i did some polishing on the watchhead. If you think you have a clean watch.. think again ;)

Awesome watch. I'll forever keep my 2007 SOSF rep. I don't like correcting people.. but this is a common misconception that pet peeves me to death:

The blackness that shows on your polishing cloth is a chemical reaction of the medal to the mineral spirits in the cloth. It's basically oxidation. You could run your watch head through a 1000 degree chlorine ultrasonic bath.. and when you're finished and polish it, the polishing cloth will STILL show black marks. Has nothing to do with how clean your steelfish is :)

To test what I'm referring to, wash that cloth again to get the black out. and try cleaning your watch with a microfiber glasses cloth (you won't get any blackness from a clean watch). After cleaning it with the microfiber, use your jewelers polishing cloth again and you'll see the black oxidation come back mysteriously

Awesome watch. I'll forever keep my 2007 SOSF rep. I don't like correcting people.. but this is a common misconception that pet peeves me to death:

The blackness that shows on your polishing cloth is a chemical reaction of the medal to the mineral spirits in the cloth. It's basically oxidation. You could run your watch head through a 1000 degree chlorine ultrasonic bath.. and when you're finished and polish it, the polishing cloth will STILL show black marks. Has nothing to do with how clean your steelfish is :)

To test what I'm referring to, wash that cloth again to get the black out. and try cleaning your watch with a microfiber glasses cloth (you won't get any blackness from a clean watch). After cleaning it with the microfiber, use your jewelers polishing cloth again and you'll see the black oxidation come back mysteriously

Thnx for informing is about this. I do like theese cloths though, they give a nice finish on the watch. Info from the manufakturer:

Sunshine ® Polishing Cloths are non-staining and easy-to-use cloths to remove tarnish from sterling silver, gold, brass, copper, glass, mirrors and most other surfaces, leaving a deep, long-lasting luster.

To use: Be sure the item to be cleaned is free from dust and other abrasives. Then very gently rub the surface to be polished. Each cloth is impregnated with special chemical cleansing agents and non-scratching micro-abrasives.

Edited by slask111

I heard from another forum that even the gen SOSF winds the movement when screwing in the crown, i count this as a no biggie.

not mine...my gen steelfish is a 2007 and does not wind when screwing in the crown...

BTW - this dial is a replica of the xplus dial (2006/2007) which was the dial the 44mm version first launched with...after the first year, they slightly changed the dial...what's the difference?...the xplus dial has larger lume surrounds (less lume, more surround) and the date window is narrower - the later dial steelfish dials had thinner lume surrounds and had a date window slightly thicker and closer to the minute track...

Just picked up a v2 SFSO white/creme color dial w/superlume from a Catch & Release Sale at RWI.

Comparing it to a my custom built SFSO that has an old school dial (thanks to hackr), i think the older version is still closer to the gen.

Ill take pics and have the members decide.

Comparing it to a my custom built SFSO that has an old school dial (thanks to hackr), i think the older version is still closer to the gen.

Ill take pics and have the members decide.

hey H - now this is a compare i'm interested in seeing!...thanks for doing so...

the gen stellfish dial catches the light amazingly due to the concentric circle detail...from what i've seen of the v2 and the various v1s, both are far from it...