When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with member Texski! Please read!

concepta

Public notice regarding ongoing projects with member TEXSKI.

As many of you might already know many of us are having problems to get in touch with member TEXSKI! Unfortunately it seems like he have scammed us and run away with a lot of ongoing projects and highly valuable parts! I have parts with him for LOTS of money and some of you have ongoing projects where these parts are involved.

I assure you that for those of you that are in some kind of business with me i will cover all costs and refund you. As this is a LOT of money i need to gather funds and probably either take a loan in the bank or sell of my private collection..but you will be taken cared of! It might take a little time though!

I would also like to ask all of you to be observant if Texski or some other member starts offering parts or projects, either via PM or on other foras. I highly suspect that he is using parts from me and others for his own projects.

Do NOT send him any kind of work and/or money at this stage!

I´m very sorry for this as i considered Mike as a good friend and a trusted guy!

Damn, such a f'n shame when sh*t like this happens. Not the first time and unfortunately, not the last time.

What also sucks is that you will, being a stand up member, will now have to sell some of your prize collection or take out a loan. I feel for ya.

Does anyone know where TEXSKI lives?

• Like 1

Fair play concepta, that is a very selfless thing to do, I know you have got your fair share of criticism at times (rep buyers can be the most impatient, fickle bunch of tiits, no doubt about it) ...but you have always gone out of your way to try to make things right. Many many 'trusted dealers' wouldn't bother their arrsee, controvertial I know, but it is the truth. From the many times I've seen you help out, or sort out an issue with a buyer or mail problem in the past I have to say you are one of the good guys. It is a great gesture and I hope it is appreciated.

• Like 1

We have some what of personal information that we are looking in to at the moment.

He accepted a big package from me on the 17 of Aug but last communication was 11th of July.

Thanks D!

So he was still communicating with you months after he stopped with most everyone else?

I read he was using a PO Box for his address which does raise a little suspicion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if I should be intervening, but I do have his contact info. As his name implies, Texski is based in Texas. He seemed like an honest guy to me, but I would do my best to help a member out here. pm me if you need more info.

Anyways, I'm really sorry to hear this in addition to your recent loss, concepta. Hope everything gets sorted out.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Sad!!!

Way not just sell the watches when they are builded???

Taking payment from members before they are done and trusting someone half around the world is somthing i would not do!!!

@concept

This thing will hit you hard if you have to refund the members, i feel real sad for you and i hope texski contacts you real soon with good news!!! Im keeping my finger crossed mate!

Sad!!!

Way not just sell the watches when they are builded???

Taking payment from members before they are done and trusting someone half around the world is somthing i would not do!!!

@concept

This thing will hit you hard if you have to refund the members, i feel real sad for you and i hope texski contacts you real soon with good news!!! Im keeping my finger crossed mate!

True that!

Thanks Buddy!

Not sure if I should be intervening, but I do have his contact info. As his name implies, Texski is based in Texas. He seemed like an honest guy to me, but I would do my best to help a member out here. pm me if you need more info.

NEver dealt with Texski so not sure if he scammed Concepta or if he ran into some family emergency. I would think if he had personal issues, he would have contacted Concepta to let him know. But without any communication since July, something doesnt add up.

Avensis - do you have a phone number ?

NEver dealt with Texski so not sure if he scammed Concepta or if he ran into some family emergency. I would think if he had personal issues, he would have contacted Concepta to let him know. But without any communication since July, something doesnt add up.

Avensis - do you have a phone number ?

All we have is a adress..probably to the P O

Depending on the amount of money involved, this could be considered a felony theft of goods and services. If you have a PO address, sometimes the DA's office can get the info from the USPS. To rent a PO box, you have to have a name, physical address and phone number. I believe when I first rented my company PO box, i had to give them my Drivers License so they could copy it. Another thing, If you have a full name, often you can find the person by doing a white pages search. Of course if his name is Mike Smith or Joe Jones, and he lives in Houston or another large Texas city, that won't be much good as there may be a bunch of folks with the same name.

How about getting the mods involved here. When the individual registers on RWG, does he not have to register under his name and address? Can't remember as it has been so long since I registered.

Sorry about getting scammed. It always feels like a sucker punch in the gut when someone you trusted takes your money and runs.

Damn this is wrong... Many people would not care in such situation, but you really are fair to everyone. I am really not glad to hear that as since I joined RWG i have bookmarked only one project http://www.rwg.cc/topic/135714-3714-82/ . This was my favourite. I hope this gets resolved soon. It is really a shame.

Damn this is wrong... Many people would not care in such situation, but you really are fair to everyone. I am really not glad to hear that as since I joined RWG i have bookmarked only one project http://www.rwg.cc/topic/135714-3714-82/ . This was my favourite. I hope this gets resolved soon. It is really a shame.

The OP of that linked thread has seen Mike’s face. We're getting closer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MAN, WTF is going on! It seems they are coming out of the woodwork! What can we do to stop all this scamming! It's getting to the point that you just don't know who to trust....

Post this guys info. maybe someone will run into him some day.

No excuse for this unless he has had a serous family issue, dead or has been hospitalized...and still he could give people a heads up. That is unless he's dead!

I think we should all wait until Mike chimes in. I know he was going through a very difficult chapter in his life.

This is what we all hope for!

If you know him personally, please tell him to contact me, and the other members who has been trying to reach him for the last three months!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we should all wait until Mike chimes in. I know he was going through a very difficult chapter in his life.

This is what we all hope for!

If you know him personally, please tell him to contact me, and the other members who has been trying to reach him for the last three months!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hopeful that Texski will re-emerge. It is easy to say that someone is a scammer but in reality there is always this grey area of folks who on a smaller scale can offer gen parts or unique services. People are dying for access and it all starts out legitimately providing a boon to the membership. Too often the provider either falls behind, has a real personal issue or screws up the money. And when there is a problem you are still unsure whether the person will be back. IMHO, there are relatively few folks who do these things who get involved specifically to scam others.

As long as we continue dealing in reps, we will occasionally encounter stuff like this...I've been around long enough to witness more than a couple of unfortunate situations like this.

My personal solution to never getting "burned" was to stay away from the flames....

I would NEVER allow myself to get into a situation where I could be putting substantial assets at risk, based solely upon my trusting the veracity of someone who was in effect, just a name on a computer monitor....

As much as we have a sort of "fellowship" among us, when it comes to my money, I try to be careful.

The fact that Concepta is willing to "step up" here and take the blow speaks volumes as to his character...

I would suggest that perhaps the mods here might create some sort of fund raiser to attempt to at least partially relieve him of some of the onus of this sorry situation.

+1 to what frankt posted.

I have seen my fair share of similiar stories thoughout the years. We have a great hobby and of course, there are some that will go ahead spoil it for many members.

snapback.pngsuperlative, on 02 October 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

SL - if you know him personally or know how to get a hold of him - please do or work with Mods on this board. Sometimes, these horror stories dont always have to end in horror. When members get involved - a difference can be made and from horror comes a happy ending.