When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pocketwatch As Wrist Watch

omni

I've always said if you want a bigger watch why don't you just buy one of the millions of vintage old pocketwatches you can pickup dirt cheap, put a strap on it and you now have a big ass wrist watch. Well, needless to say, someone finally had that same idea. Here is one currently on the bay that they used a Breguet quarter repeater vintage pocketwatch placed into a new 52mm X 63mm stainless steel case with lugs. I'm not sure about classy looking, but a classic idea come to life! :lol:

post-652-1163551400_thumb.jpg

Wow! Unless you've got an extremely big wrist that pocketwatch with the wire lugs doesn't appear to be that big in diameter. Interesting idea on the wire lugs but a little tall in thickness for my tastes. Thanks for the post looksee.

Okay EDIT: With a little more research I see that when wrist watches came into vogue these wire lug versions were done to pocket watches as well as smaller pendant type connectors for converting pocket watches into wrist watches after WW1, so its not a new idea. Oh well, learn something new everyday. I saw a couple of these old Elgin conversions on Ebay along with a couple of newer Breguet pocket watch conversions in gold.

Regards