When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6241 frozen hour totalizer hand.... Any suggestion?

rolojack

Hi all,

My latest DW Daytona hour totalizer hand appears to be frozen... I dismantled the watch for a quick overall check, but I did not see anything abnormal at first glance. This is a first for me : the usual issue with that subdial is the wandering hand problem. But the frozen hand thing is new to me... Does anyone have a suggestion for me here? I'm a bit lost.... Thank you !!!

If the hand is resetting in different places or spinning freely around the dial as you rotate the watch, yes. If it is running when the stop-watch function is off, it is a brake problem. I posted a thread (with pics) a few years ago detailing the problem with pics that you can search out.

Hi Freddy, I read your post before asking and I checked the brake and spring already (7750). I believe I have the same caseback issue you had: with removed cb it works fine. Funny thing is it didn't happen earlier! I guess the gasket got a bit thinner and that small difference was enough to let the caseback bug the movement. I'll machine it today and that should solve the problem. Still, I don't understand how that hand could have been frozen at some point.... It doesn't make sense. DW mysteries.... :) By the way: do you know where to get a good FLAT gasket for 62xx cases? The round ones don't do the job really. Thanks for jumping in !!! :clap2: