When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dials, MBW vs Ingod44 is it worth it?

dieselpower

I have got a new version MBW 5513 with basic mods already performed by HH. Am looking to improve the watch. The dial is standard MBW and I am considering spending $125 (ish) on an Ingod44 2line feet first dial. So, what do you guys think. Is it worth the investment? Would I be better spending the money elsewhere? All opinions gratefully received.

post-2563-0-13289800-1349886629_thumb.jp

With that [censored] up plexi you can barely see the dial - so, No!

In any other case, yes!

I had all in hand, Ingod dials, gen dials and I have the MBW 5513 dial.

Ingod 2-liner is quite close to the gen printing from quality.

Sharper, whiter and better font than the MBW.

;)

@ Donerix, thanks for showing me this, oh gawd now I do have a problem. I was convinced that I would go with the later non-chapter dial but your watch looks fantastic! Is that dial as it comes (out of the box) from IG44 or has it had work ie re-lume? Also whose rivetted bracelet is that, gen? Yuki? Phong?

Akira and woof* thanks for those photos they are very helpful. OMG, looks like I may have to build another watch. One with chapter ring, one without but clearly, both with IG44 dials, I think they are lovely. I have offered before but got no takers, anybody want to buy two small children and a kidney?

Cheers for that Akira. In my defense the ever so slightly scratched plexi does not look half that bad in the flesh ;) Also I like the well used look. Anyways I was going to swap it out for a new Clarks plexi - which I would then set to with a brillo pad :clap2:

I thought i was the only one who does that to a crystsal! Lol! i use also a scotchguard pad and run it over the crystal in all directions very lightly then buff it up on a old pair of jeans without using polish i prefer to age the crystal than to age the dial and risk destroying an expensive dial which can not be reversed! after the buffing you get a watch that shows the dial clearly when viewed on your wrist but under a lobe you see an aged crystal with scratches i compared it to our gen 5513 crystal and it was damn close i dont think vintage subs look right when factory fresh and shiny it shouts fake to me but you decide how far to take the ageing my next 5513 will be aged very supple just take the factory shine off everything my last was attacked with a brillo pad and a pair of scissors much to the horror of my watchmaker relative ! Edited by aeromatic

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Nd trading hase nice dials :)

http://ndtradingcorp.com/zen/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=5513

They are pricy but well worth the money. I bought my latest 1675 dial from them and i realy like it!!!

They have some good [censored] the prices are high but i realy like there qualety, and they provide very nice service!

Both not perfect.

The serif of R in Rolex of the gen dial is different to both versions.

However, " SWISS - T < 25 " is much nicer on Ingod.

Coronet is ok on both.

I've found the ingod dials to be excellent - especially that 2-liner.

For twice the price - the NDT doesn't give you much of an improvement IMO.

So, ingod for me!

Edited by Akira

How about a feature on dial ageing technics and experiments with results if it has not already been done? then we can see the before and then after and see which ageing process looks the most gen like i have experimented myself some have been successful others totaly ruined ! myself i am very reluctant to age an expensive (refinished) dial

but i would like to age my 5513 dial in a supple way nothing too extreme !

OK folks, lets go for a direct comparison:

Ingod44 @ $125

post-2563-0-48380500-1350032725_thumb.jp

NDT @ $255 (discounted at the moment from $300)

post-2563-0-55043100-1350032778_thumb.jp

Gen @ god knows how much!

post-2563-0-69220900-1350032845_thumb.jp

Remember folks, I'm going to have the dial and hands aged and relumed. For me, the Ingod44 is the winner, various reasons but lets here your opinions.

i would say that a budget build with eta movement and mabe a cartel case then the lower price dial would be the option this is a super dial Are we being too nit pick

trying to find faults with the refinished dial i look for nice dial texture with gen like finish and crisp printing and this fits the bill nicely for me!

So, after careful thought and study I decide to buy an ingod44 2 liner. I go to their website. I choose the dial, I create an account, I try to pay. It says - sorry ingod44 is unable to accept money. Return to merchant. Jeez I don't effing believe this. The bracelet I want is out of stock and the dial I want I can't pay for! Anybody else had these problems or is it just me?

"So, after careful thought and study I decide to buy an ingod44 2 liner. I go to their website. I choose the dial, I create an account, I try to pay. It says - sorry ingod44 is unable to accept money. Return to merchant. Jeez I don't effing believe this. The bracelet I want is out of stock and the dial I want I can't pay for! Anybody else had these problems or is it just me?"

It's hard to believe all right.

Same thing happened to me about three weeks ago when I tried to buy two dials.

Either you are open for business or you are not. If not, fold your tent and get out of Dodge City.

Business is business.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcsaoff&va=dodge+city