When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Travelling to Europe...Is it safe to bring 4 watches along with me?

superlative

Me too. I usually travel across Europe and the US with 3-4 watches at a time in my hand luggage. Never had a problem.

+1. I made it a point to invest in a nice 2 watch carrier as I bring three typically and I have actually gotten nice comments from customs when they do occasionally search your bag. A good case gives a lot of crediblity to even the crappiest rep. :)

NOT to Italy for your own safety!

Now you tell me. :) I have gone in and out of Milan and Rome at least 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years but then again I don't remember customs opening up my bags going through there so it may well be luck. In any case I have traveled on 4 out of the 5 well populated continents on a regular basis and other than compliments for the few times a customs agent has rifled through my carry-on it has been all good. I really am convinced that a nice traveling watch case (and for god sakes - not obvious fakes) will serve you well.

Now you tell me. :) I have gone in and out of Milan and Rome at least 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years but then again I don't remember customs opening up my bags going through there so it may well be luck. In any case I have traveled on 4 out of the 5 well populated continents on a regular basis and other than compliments for the few times a customs agent has rifled through my carry-on it has been all good. I really am convinced that a nice traveling watch case (and for god sakes - not obvious fakes) will serve you well.

Of course you can go in and out 100 times without a problem. The problem is however that in Italy and France opposing to most European countries the ownership of counterfeit goods is a federal offense. In other European countries ownership is legal, only trade is illegal. Having said that ownership, of counterfeit goods can cost a fine of up to 10.000 €. so to take the risk of a completely ruined vacation just to have your favourite wathces with you is probably not worth it.

• Like 1