When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Mark Xv

V

Well I was looking around Josh's website and found some new IWC Mark XV he posted..

I wonder why there is no discussion about those models, because they seem very accurate to my eyes.

I don't know if I could wear a 39mm watch anymore but 2 years ago I was asking for a decent rep of it.

149387-15066.jpg

149387-15067.jpg

And there is also a Spitfire version...

Well I was looking around Josh's website and found some new IWC Mark XV he posted..

I wonder why there is no discussion about those models, because they seem very accurate to my eyes.

I don't know if I could wear a 39mm watch anymore but 2 years ago I was asking for a decent rep of it.

149399-15062.jpg

149399-15063.jpg

And there is also a Spitfire version...

A 39 mm watch being too small....what's the world coming to?

I can't wait for the "pocket watch on a strap" craze to be over. Legibility issues in tool watches aside, I hope the meter swings back to a reasonable 42mm compromise. I like chunky as much as the next guy but a dial that looks like a saute pan is just silly looking.

The IWC looks like a beautiful, classy, UNDERSTATED piece of jewelry.

A 39 mm watch being too small....what's the world coming to?

I can't wait for the "pocket watch on a strap" craze to be over. Legibility issues in tool watches aside, I hope the meter swings back to a reasonable 42mm compromise. I like chunky as much as the next guy but a dial that looks like a saute pan is just silly looking.

The IWC looks like a beautiful, classy, UNDERSTATED piece of jewelry.

full ack to everything.

the mark XV is a holy grail and uniquely understated, good looking, and perfect in size.

thank god the reps are getting better.

Edited by Hok

Why not go for a gen?

This one looks pretty good for my taste. Anyway, went for a gen Quad 10, so no more need for me to get this one ;)

no way I would ever spend as much on a watch as the IWC costs. (even if it's relatively cheap on the after-market)

however, I went for this baby here:

149466-15053.jpg

but nothing like the IWC for showing off :whistling:

Edited by Hok

I just ordered a black face Spitfire from Trusty - Andrew.

Except for some minor font issue on wording and date the front looks pretty good.

You will have to ignore the "UTC" on the case back.

Will their EVER be a perfect rep???? (I think they do that on purpose).

I've been waiting FOREVER for this rep. You guys remember me bitchin' endlessly about how simplicity is the most difficult asthetic to replicate.

IMHO, the MK XV is perfect and represents true elegance and class.

I have not ordered the rep yet because I want to read some reviews first.

PS. Gotta love the Yao's.

I've been waiting FOREVER for this rep. You guys remember me bitchin' endlessly about how simplicity is the most difficult asthetic to replicate.

Remember in the old RWG... I was with you but then conquered by the Pam fever :rolleyes:

Guest chronomat123

153752-14218.jpg

Looks quite good, but no AR... I've owned the gen version, and the AR is like a damned neon sign, ... so bright and blue and pronounced....

Otherwise, YES! Glad they made this one

I just received a black face Spitfire from Trusty - Andrew today.

The date is actually centered in the date window :Jumpy:

This is a first for me (all other reps had bad date centering).

This is a GREAT rep and you would have to put side by side with a gen to really know which is which, but you will have to ignore the "UTC" on the case back.

The only real problem is that when you unscrew the crown to wind the movement, it does not stay engaged so winding it manually is a samll problem (I guess I will have to shake my wrist a lot :D )

I will post some pics in a new thread later this week.