When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay on the way!

cougar1

Wait and see how it turns out first ! :) even if the guilt type colour is not exact and i believe you can not tell by photos alone manufacturer photos always make the watches look better than in the flesh with studio lighting, and colours are never exact the black bay is supposed to be based on the vintage tudor subs and these were guilt dials for me if they get the case shape and printing and finish correct and crisp then im in !

Edited by aeromatic

• 1 month later...

tried it on today at the AD...guys it's a beauty !! It has more personality than my gen 16600 and absolutely worth the price (close to 2000 discounted ). The perfect watch If you like the vintage taste, want a gen and can t afford to spend 10k (up) on a vintage Rolex or even on a vintage Tudor.Not to mention this is the perfect daily beater and no worries to take it down in the water (wouldn't dare with a vintage piece) Definitly my next watch.

• 2 weeks later...

tried it on today at the AD...guys it's a beauty !! It has more personality than my gen 16600 and absolutely worth the price (close to 2000 discounted ). The perfect watch If you like the vintage taste, want a gen and can t afford to spend 10k (up) on a vintage Rolex or even on a vintage Tudor.Not to mention this is the perfect daily beater and no worries to take it down in the water (wouldn't dare with a vintage piece) Definitly my next watch.

I find it hilarious that you refer to a gen Tudor Black Bay as a 'daily beater'  :gun2:

I find it hilarious that you refer to a gen Tudor Black Bay as a 'daily beater'  :gun2:

Mabe by saying daily beater he wanted to say daily beater (as in ticking beat rate) :) this is a watch to look after and when not in use kept in its box like my blackbay homage build !

post-27094-0-94134400-1362720950_thumb.j

post-27094-0-11788600-1362721094_thumb.j

Don't get me wrong.

It's a new watch and very easy to service, parts easily available, manintenance costs are very low for etas, in fact I can 

have the whole watch new from AD with 25% discount.

This means you can use the watch without being concerned that if you damage it it will cost you 1K up.

Not caring is another thing, this beauty deserves all the care and attention of the world.

I would never use my 1991  16600 in certain situations though, but I would use this 24/7 everywhere...

• Like 1

Some proto updates on the dial not so long ago. The dial on the left is gen:

The rep dial will be made a little darker and crisper font but it looks good so far. They are onto the bracelet now, the first iteration didn't turn out so well so they are

getting another supplier for that.

IMG_2516_zps0fe98246.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the geek thread and via Angus. The watchhead is finished and final. Example pics should be released soon. Working on the bracelet, waiting for a sample/proto of the bracelet. They are also planning to release the vintage leather and buckle option but they don't have that yet for replication purposes. No real eta but estimates from Angus are around a month/6 weeks.