When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5513 Let's see some 5513s

Ueno

Mysharona - More detail on this build please! It looks great. What else do you have planned?

Fully branded case and dial by helenarou. There are plenty of detractors to his case out there, but I have had a gen, and have compared this to gen 1969 and 1970 models with same crown guard shape and lug hole spacing. Crown guards in this time were often shaped by hand and variations abound. These are spot on with several examples. The crown position is perfect. The bracelet is a Yuki 93150.

I've recently aged the lume plots and plan to swap the bezel assembly with a Clarks or wso... Haven't yet decided.

Edited by Mysharona

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Didnt want to start a new thread about this, thought you guys in this thread would know this... 

So, I want to start a franken 5513 build. And first thing I think about is case-set. 

What should one get?

1. Phong?

2. Vintage Watch Maker(ridiculously expensive)?

3. MBW, can you even get those anymore(PM me if you got one, if its good)?

4. NDT?

5. Vietnam Case( where does one get those? M2M only?)

Please enlighten me!

And it needs to fit gen bezel assembly. 

Im thinking gen bezel assembly, gen white gold marker dial, gen crystal, crown, maybe ge tube, gen insert, TC V2 hands(correct length etc?), swiss lowbeat ETA.

What do you think?

Going for that newly serviced at RSC look.

Prob a grey NATO until I can afford a gen 78360/93150. 

Thanks in advance guys! Love all your builds, want to get into the 5513 club! 

Edited by rillesnille

Why spend $1000+ on a fake case for a gen model that can be had for say $4-5000? My recommendation would be that you start with the cartel 5513 or HR as a base. Yuki would be my option of you're gonna work with a gen dial (and of course also gen case). As you mention, MBW (and also DW) good - if you can find. Search around build threads - all cheaper options have flaws, you need to decide which ones bug you the most (and if you can't tell, go for the cheapest option and enjoy!)