When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5513 Let's see some 5513s

Ueno

43 minutes ago, jackflash said:

Very nice! You need to trim the tail of the second hand, then it will be perfect.

Thanks for the advice on the Tail, I need all the help I can get. Will do eventually just keep bugging me about it, Who can do it, I guess I better look at the genuine pictures to see exactly what you mean. :)

8 hours ago, Thrasher said:

Thanks for the advice on the Tail, I need all the help I can get. Will do eventually just keep bugging me about it, Who can do it, I guess I better look at the genuine pictures to see exactly what you mean. :)

Here's a gen. I've circled the tail of the second hand. It's a small detail that makes a lot of difference. Carefully clip it and sand the edges to a point.

5517_tail.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Guys, what do you think is the best 5513 aftermarket case?!"

That is a very, very good question. 

The problem is there are so many variations and any one 'brand', Yuki or Phong for instance, may not be exactly the same from one example to the next.  It's basically the luck of the draw. 

Imho the best of the best are cases that started out with careful, accurate machining and shaping, are exact oem spec, and detailed by a pro.  Correct stamping and engraving make a huge difference too.

My guess is after a few years of wear, many high grade 'Frankensteins' will probably jump over into the 'genuine' category after the second or third owner.  No telling how many have already made that jump. 

None of mine have ever been that good for that very reason. 

Two flaws I would not accept on a high $$ case is when the spring bar holes are drilled too high or low in the lugs or there is not enough 'meat' on the crown guards to 'spec them out' if needed.

Amateur 'artificial aging' has ruined a lot of very good cases too.  In many instances artificial aging turns out to be the Fatal Modification, turning a $1000 case into a $100 case. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...