When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC V3 Top Gun from toros

josecolon47

To be pretty honest towards the watch, i was expecting more.

First the side logo, it looks horribly painted, that i will fix myself.

Second, the rotor noise, its pretty loud and raunchy, i will have to get it serviced and oiled

Third, the chrono pushers don't work, thats what is most disappointing after paying $300+ for a watch

Fourth, Strap, don't get me wrong it looks good, but its an uncomfortable wear, ill have to search for the gen if possible

Overall the watch is looker, but i don't feel I'm getting the bang for the buck as i have gotten on noob pams, follies and two or three more watches that i have acquired.

btw pardon my ignorance, but a 7750 movement is suppose to have working chrono right??

Second, the rotor noise, its pretty loud and raunchy, i will have to get it serviced and oiled

Third, the chrono pushers don't work, thats what is most disappointing after paying $300+ for a watch

Fourth, Strap, don't get me wrong it looks good, but its an uncomfortable wear, ill have to search for the gen if possible

Overall the watch is looker, but i don't feel I'm getting the bang for the buck as i have gotten on noob pams, follies and two or three more watches that i have acquired.

btw pardon my ignorance, but a 7750 movement is suppose to have working chrono right??

I just sent mine back to Toros, as my chrono did not function either. The buttons do not engage at all; I don't feel any resistance. I doubted there was any chrono function at all. Toros has had good reviews; I hope that he comes through on the exchange for a functioning time piece with chrono functions.

The logo is very "white" and does look odd. I would appreciate any input on how exactly to change the color of the logo to a color very similar to Gen.

- Ray -

first! The chrono does work, i have to push aaaaalll the way but it works.

But then again, i have thought, sell or not sell it.

Got an estimate to service the noisy rotor, comes to $250 and a good 2 month of wait

The gen strap is a good $400+, yet i have tried to mold the strap onto a cushion and it has been shaping up, so its not that bad now

The logo problem I'm gonna seek some advice lol

i think I'm gonna keep it if i can personally fix the logo

one question, does servicing/oiling the watch make a big difference?

I am dying to buy one of them but i wonder if it is worth the money.

Is the hard pushing button problem normal for the 7750? Is it an isolated example for these reps or just for the ones mentioned above?

has Anyone got the noisy rotor besides josecolon47?

Anyone got a perfect funtioning watch v3?

What do you think? Is it a rep worth the money?

I am dying to buy one of them but i wonder if it is worth the money.

Is the hard pushing button problem normal for the 7750? Is it an isolated example for these reps or just for the ones mentioned above?

has Anyone got the noisy rotor besides josecolon47?

Anyone got a perfect funtioning watch v3?

What do you think? Is it a rep worth the money?

Received mine and yes the rotor is noisy on mine too.

Thank you Gordie.

Two people with the same problem could not be a coincidence.

I supposed i have to buy it from another dealer.

I have been looking around and trevor has one which seems to be the same

http://www.trwatch.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=459

Anyone who has bought one from trevor?

Or

Has anyone bought a fine iwc 3789 top gun from another dealer?

I have gen 7750 movement in a tag carrera and that also makes a tiny bit of noise and you can feel the movement on your wrist but the IWC makes a lot more noise and sounds like its "grinding" on something.

I guess it's down to which manufacturer the dealer uses....Trevor and toro may use the same one.

I wasn't expecting it to be perfect so I'm going to buy a gen strap and get it serviced.