When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Member Disputes and the Admin / Mods team

Nanuq

Gentlemen, the Admin and Mods team has been spending far too much time intervening in disputes regarding private transactions.

Please be aware that any private transactions you enter into are the sole responsibility of the members involved.

The Admins/Moderators are not referees and will not take sides in sorting out disputes, so please do not PM them when a sale or purchase goes wrong.

With the exception of mass-scams, PMs of this type will be ignored & repeated spamming of groups of Admins/Moderators may lead to action brought against the sender.

That said, we would encourage all members to try to settle disputes between themselves. Always be mindful that people have offline lives & may not always be able to respond immediately.

As a rule, you should give the other party at least 1 week to respond before posting public complaints or considering more serious actions. If, after that time, you have not received a response, that is the time to post public comments in the forums.

It is always best to avoid complaints to Paypal or credit card companies, if at all possible. These should be used only as a last resort after all other reasonable options have been tried.

Now please, carefully read this position statement again. Learn it, memorize it. Expect the Admin and Moderators team to use these guidelines going forward.

The first step is to always try to resolve this issue privately, this usually means a little give on both sides.

However if the other party is being totally unreasonable then yes a public post is your option.

Remember anyone who does not want to let the members adjudicate obviously knows they are being unreasonable.

Ken

The first step is to always try to resolve this issue privately, this usually means a little give on both sides.

However if the other party is being totally unreasonable then yes a public post is your option.

Remember anyone who does not want to let the members adjudicate obviously knows they are being unreasonable.

Ken

M@T, the strength of RWG lies in its many members working together to share information, good and bad, about our hobby.

We have a massive knowledge base here, and we're happy to share it.

We also, among the thousands of us, weekly visit the vast majority of the web's watch enthusiast cubbyholes, dark alleys, shiny storefronts and discount plazas. When we find a good bloke, we share the good news. When we find a scammer, we share that too.

There is our strength. It's not up to the Admins or Mods, it's up to the thousands of good people here diligently trying to do the right thing to help each other out.

Keep up the good work, people.

• Like 1

I understand that this reminder may have been due to a recent spate between two members over a paltry amount.

I fully respect the mod team, and I noticed that almost all mods are in CONUS time zones. Perhaps it is good to appoint 1-2 more mod members in the Europe and Asia time zones for "better coverage"? I notice many long time members here who would fit the job nicely. They would do a better job of moderating politically very incorrect posts put up by people like TeeJay that ol' bastid and myself real time. :D

I think we all know pretty much we are on our own in the sales section, tbh I like many others have bought and sold without a hitch on the forum, small niggles do come up though and you just have to work through em :)

I fully respect the mod team, and I noticed that almost all mods are in CONUS time zones. Perhaps it is good to appoint 1-2 more mod members in the Europe and Asia time zones for "better coverage"?

Actually we have several mods in the EU as well as the outback ;)

I think it would be good to add this information on every sales post that members are not protected in anyway, because some think they will just pm mods and they bring their money back LOL

If you use Paypal or a credit card when purchasing; buy from sellers who provide good, clear pictures & descriptions that show off details instead of obfuscating them; pack/ship properly with appropriate insurance; & remember to buy the seller before you buy the watch/part, you have a good amount of protection. But to equate (unpaid) forum Admins/Moderators, who were neither on-hand to witness the original transaction nor involved in the packaging/shipping of the item, with Paypal, is folly.

Read Toad's Guide &, if in doubt, ask (in the public forums) before clicking the buy button. That is the true value of RWG.

I understand that this reminder may have been due to a recent spate between two members over a paltry amount.

I fully respect the mod team, and I noticed that almost all mods are in CONUS time zones. Perhaps it is good to appoint 1-2 more mod members in the Europe and Asia time zones for "better coverage"? I notice many long time members here who would fit the job nicely. They would do a better job of moderating politically very incorrect posts put up by people like TeeJay that ol' bastid and myself real time. :D

Please dont get the thought that i any thing as common as an American,

I am as English as Churchill

But i live in Europe just to be on call when the mods in the US are sleeping, or eating, or bowling, just in case some one needs banning!!!!!!!

or a good talking to!

But i have been known the travel this continent long and wide and give a couple of people talkings to in person

Please dont get the thought that i any thing as common as an American,

I am as English as Churchill

But i live in Europe just to be on call when the mods in the US are sleeping, or eating, or bowling, just in case some one needs banning!!!!!!!

or a good talking to!

But i have been known the travel this continent long and wide and give a couple of people talkings to in person

I do apologise for being presumptious. :drinks:

• 10 months later...

I've lurked for a while and registered not to long ago . Out of any forum I have had the best of results and pleasure dealing with this community . You know who to deal with over time and sad to say you get some bullshti artists but over all

Mods and community are top notch

• 1 month later...

I can't post in Want To Buy section... I thought everyone gets 1 month free of VIP membership??

No mate you need to hand over some readies for that part of our site  :inverted:  C'mon it's cheap as chips to join up and your helping the whole community by doing so  ;)

No mate you need to hand over some readies for that part of our site :inverted: C'mon it's cheap as chips to join up and your helping the whole community by doing so ;)

I was going to anyway, but I thought everyone got a month free membership. Okay then, signing it up now!

• 9 months later...

Nice to know that mods and admin here aren't quick to take sides....luckily I've never had a problem but I've seen some quick handedness here recently in another place that tarnished a couple of long time members that we all know are not scammers...all is better now, but just sayin...

"This Hobby is Crack!"

• 9 months later...

I paid $293 through PayPal to Toro on May 8 . Have had no response despite two inquiries. It is now 25 May. this was for a watch he sourced at my request and said he found . Will someone please help me?

jlshand@yahoo.com

By the way two of three watches i received at the same time i asked him to source the one Im inquiring about I have since shipped back as not working

I paid $293 through PayPal to Toro on May 8 . Have had no response despite two inquiries. It is now 25 May. this was for a watch he sourced at my request and said he found . Will someone please help me?

jlshand@yahoo.com

By the way two of three watches i received at the same time i asked him to source the one Im inquiring about I have since shipped back as not working

PM a mod when you are having trouble with a TD.

jlshand@yahoo.com

great 1st post, no hello, no nothing, straight to your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes just a couple of points.

1. Issues with a TD should be brought to our attention, this thread relates to M2M transactions only.

2. This is not the place to post these issue, make a new thread.

Ken

• 3 months later...