When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone seen this 16610 case before?

dan_189

Anyone seen this case before?

Had a friend of mine bring it back from China, he says it fits a gen 3135

Anyway first impression is that the crown guards are slightly thick and the crown position is too low. It does have better lugs than the Sean though!

Yet to see if it will fit gen parts but my friend told me it would

post-45913-0-24530900-1350901032_thumb.j

post-45913-0-09889100-1350901062_thumb.j

post-45913-0-56262400-1350901091_thumb.j

post-45913-0-04463100-1350901111_thumb.j

Yuck, D320840 is one of the oldest chinese SNs out there for the old line of 16610 reps that weren't worth a darn. That's not to say things haven't changed, but like E says, show us the bezel construction. Typically these would house the 2836, the asian clone 2836, or the DG2813 or similar a21j movement.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

The serial number might be crap but this case actually isn't too bad, its got nice crisp lugs and the lug width is better than a Sean so it fits a Gen 93250 perfectly. This one is for a 3135, actual quality (design aside) is decent. Not willing to take apart the bezel for now.

"I actually tried to get it off but it wouldn't budge!"

It has similar rotating bezel construction as F520117 'noobs' so the bezel will be very hard to remove by prying it off without damage.

The only way I found to remove a 'noob' bezel without damage is:

1...remove the bezel insert from the top if possible

2...if not possible from the top, you can remove the bezel insert by...

a...remove the movement

b...remove the crystal by pushing it out from the bottom

c...remove the bezel insert from the top (easy now because of all the extra room around it)

3...use a piece of single edge razor blade about 6 or 8mm wide to go between the bezel and case, run it around between the bezel and case (sharp end leading) to unseat the bezel spring from the case. Once the spring starts to come out of the groove in the case, you can pull up on the bezel a little at a time until it pops off.

It's a lot easier than it sounds. :hammer:

As soon as I could feel it wasnt going to come off I stopped! haha

Anyway was told it would fit a gen/clone 3135 and the sticker on the bracelet was "3135". As for the crystal height I actually popped it out so I may need to press it back in?? Not sure but anyway, If the Sean had lugs like this the quest would be over... This would make for a great daily beater for someone to put their yuki 3135 in. Im going to make a for sale thread soon.

Interesting. I would just use it for a sterile sub build and be happy with it. Save the y3135 for something else

Good point, it fits ETA movements with retaining rings etc I guess?? The TC takes a gen 3135 and you can put a ETA in it so I guess this could fit those as well :) I just realised!