When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A new joint-venture Imaknockov Carbon case project - register inside

Hello all,

Many of you wouldn't have any clue a to who I am, and that would be because I'm more active on other boards as Shandroid.

Recently I purchased a watch in error, and although a completely noob mistake to make, and rather embarrassing to admit, it has paved way for an exciting new project with the now-famous, Imaknockov. His reputation for producing some of the most amazing, exclusive and certainly, highest-quality parts and case sets for the GP would almost definitely be well-known to any AP fan by now, so he needs little introduction. He is also a gentleman to deal with.

So, I had a thought and ran it past Giovanni; wouldn't it be cool to have a carbon case-set for the Montoya? He agreed, and we set about talking about how we might make the project work. What we'd like to know is; due to the fact that this project will basically yield a fantasy (but very limited) watch, will there be enough interest from members to warrant the costs of completing such a project? Pricing is still nowhere near confirmed, but to help gauge interest, here is what we propose as a project, but know that pricing is subject to change. We will limit the production to only 10 sets. Timeframe at this point is also an unknown, but it won't be a project that will be completed quickly.

**NB - this is to be a kit only. you get the carbon case and have to supply your own watch and make your own arrangements for installation.**

For one forged carbon case for the AP Montoya, similar to what was done for the Grand Prix, you'd be looking at 950 CAD.

Given the nature of the project, costs involved in tooling-up, the time involved in proper dissection, etc. this is going to be a time consuming and costly project that will be completed over time. There are MANY details that will need to be sorted out before the project gets the okay, and given the proposed pricing, admin will need to be properly briefed before anything is officially offered/ordered. Keep this in mind when you express your interest.

Thank you all.

Shannon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't he better off doing more GP cases? I thought there is a waiting list for them. On the fantasy project when you have a moment I would suggest doing a little photoshop work so people can see what it might look like.

Anyone care to share some skills and make this happen? That would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've contacted a couple of guys to see if we can get some photoshop renders of what the finished product will look like. In the meantime, if anyone feels like they have the skills to generate some images base on the description in the OP, please PM me! :)

I have had a number of suggestions and requests for different models to be rep'd. So, to those who are wondering why I'm not falling over myself to do that, there are 2 reasons:

1) While I'm generating some interest in order to find the 10 lucky customers that will help make this project a reality, the real catalyst for this project is Imaknockov, and while I won't comment on his behalf on what he is or isn't willing to take on, however, I won't be bombarding him with requests on behalf of anyone else regarding projects I don't feel entirely passionate about.

And 2) I'm excited about this project for a couple of reasons. It represents an opportunity to create a watch that is unique - the fact that it is a fantasy model is actually a positive in my mind. Limiting it to 10 pieces makes it ultra-exclusive but enables the project to be offered at a price that is not prohibitive, but will attract only those that are passionate about watches, and share my excitement for a watch that won't be reproduced by the Noob factory...

Plus, I'm willing to butcher my own watch in aid of the project....

I'd really appreciate if someone could step up and create some images! Any help would be awesome! :)

Shannon

I would think the carbon Diver Case would be more logical and also in higher demand as well. I would definitely be in fir a carbon Diver case with ceramic bezel.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

I believe this is already in the works, so you may get lucky. However, this thread is not about the carbon diver, nor is it a suggestions thread for other watches to take on as carbon projects.

If you really want to see new projects come to life, pony up and start organising them.

Remember, 10 pcs only

Completely unique

Real forged carbon

Individual serials

The sooner I can confirm 10 committed members, the sooner we can get the project moving. Just 10!

So Far;

1 - Shandroid

2 - Imaknockov

3 - Zorrolondon

4 - buff (RWG)

the z---- in

Great to have you on board bro!

The idea is cool .... but I am still looking to get my hands on a full carbon GP, so I have to quit here.

Good luck with this project .... Giovanni´s work is outstanding and worth beeing recognized on the board with 5 stars.

Dr. Theo

Too bad we miss out on the pleasure of our participation in this one mate! Good luck finding your GP! I'm still waiting for mine!