When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A new joint-venture Imaknockov Carbon case project - register inside

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Shandroid

2 - Imaknockov

3 - imaknockov RWI watch (???)

4 - Zorrolondon

5 - Zorrolondon

6 - buff (RWG)

7 - rsme (RWI)

8 - rsme (RWI)

9 - think7 (RWG)

10 - tech (RWG)

Backup;

11 - jstreit (RWI)

12 - JeMuMue (RWI)

13 - minsky (RG)

14 - wearingmyrolex (RWI)

15 - Pam1962 (RG)

16 - repwatch (RWG)

17 - Eunomians (RWG)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats deffo a cool project .... I am proud to be a member here where 2 watch-nuts can virtually meet and give birth to a complete new watch.CONGRATS

If only there would be some more GP carbon cases/watches

Dr. Theo

Thanks doc... Although, you make it sound kinda kinky... Lol

In any case, there's a lot of pride in this one for me... That, and a heck of a lot of appreciation and respect for the skills and integrity of Imaknockov. Without him, this project would have been nothing more than a cool idea.

Giovanni, thanks mate!

If only there would be some more GP carbon cases/watches

Dr. Theo

Ps - 4 or 5 months ago I was able to secure a FC GP caseset... Long story short, I got hold of a project watch and the case set ended up with Another solid member. Pm me for more details - he may be worth a shout to see what he ha planned for it.

Shannon

Does anybody know off hand what the size of the caseback hex bolts are?  I'm trying to find the correct tool.  

Thnx :)

Hi Eunomians.

In all fairness, you'll need to modify a hex socket wrench to remove the hex bolts. The exact size escapes me though, as I found the right size from an old mini screwdriver kit. Once you have the right size, you will have to grind the outer part of the socket until it's a little less than 0.5 mm thick to avoid gouging the case-back. To be honest, that was the most frustrating part of the build, and I'm really happy that AP moved away from those screws!

Yeah, I looked at the montoya RG again and it's a beautiful watch. I don't think I can actually come to terms with cracking that open and swapping it out because it looks perfect to me as it is. The blue/ Platinum however...... The strap does bother me some, but I'm thinking of swapping that thing out to a black horn with blue stitch. That should set things off some....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...