When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"updated" Don Ramon de la Cruz offered by Puretime

Legend

Hey gents, which AP Bands strap is closest to the OEM strap color?

the doctored up photoshop pics of the watch make it look chocolate brown, but looking at real life pics, it seems more dark brown.

I really can't tell, and my local Audemars Piguet dealer obviously does not have this watch in stock to compare (there is a lonely original version white date rubberclad rosegold for $52k).

I've got a spare black hornback that I'll try with the watch, but I would like a brown one like the OEM version.

I would get it with black stitching.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

PS. @A: an 8 for you? :) I've got an 8 albeit a different Bavarian monster :D

Particolare_Capolavoro_Dark_Brownoffshore.jpg

Particolare_Capolavoro_Chocolate_Black_Stitch2.jpg

Edited by Eunomians

Hey gents, which AP Bands strap is closest to the OEM strap color?

the doctored up photoshop pics of the watch make it look chocolate brown, but looking at real life pics, it seems more dark brown.

I really can't tell, and my local Audemars Piguet dealer obviously does not have this watch in stock to compare (there is a lonely original version white date rubberclad rosegold for $52k).

I've got a spare black hornback that I'll try with the watch, but I would like a brown one like the OEM version.

I would get it with black stitching.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

PS. @A: an 8 for you? :) I've got an 8 albeit a different Bavarian monster :D

Particolare_Capolavoro_Dark_Brownoffshore.jpg

Particolare_Capolavoro_Chocolate_Black_Stitch2.jpg

Hey D, yeah an 8 for me :D

Let me guess, your "8" is aircooled. :lol:

I think they both would look great. Thanks. I'm soliciting opinions as to which shade is like the OEM strap. I'm still stuck on the fence about this.

@A, actually this one is not an air-cooled machine. It's a BMW 8 Alpina-tuned :D Wow, watches and not just one but two cars alike in a way! My brother!

Edited by Eunomians

I think they both would look great. Thanks. I'm soliciting opinions as to which shade is like the OEM strap. I'm still stuck on the fence about this.

@A, actually this one is not an air-cooled machine. It's a BMW 8 Alpina-tuned :D Wow, watches and not just one but two cars alike in a way! My brother!

ah thats an awesome ride bro.. i just googled it, and yours must be something close to what i read lol.

We are men, and we share the same vices :lol:

• 4 months later...

I got mine last week and it is gorgeous!  The rep strap is not even that bad, although I think that an expensive watch needs a step up in band too . . .

Quick question: Is the Don Ramon supposed to be lumed?  Mine has none at all . . .

Edited by Motoman4540

• 2 weeks later...

Guys someone said that the AP logo is a problem. But I see that the gen also has the logo in white. Am I missing something? Any major flaws on this version

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

The Logo is gold

home_image.1291766.jpg

my question would be if anyone could color this to gold, and could it be that the logo it self is wrong ?

Edited by Eiderdaus

The gen seems to have two versions, one with a "printed" white and one with a "raised" gold one.

Both are correct. I do not know which comes first but I have seen pictures of both versions. They do exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this watch and it will probably be my big Christmas gift to me this year. Does anyone know how well the plating on the deployant clasp holds up? I haven´t had a gold plated watch for a few years now, but on my last one the clasp plating quickly wore down and I hated that. It was a dead give away. After I only got steel watches. Now I want the AP gold.