When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any heavy metal fans here?

theflyingdutchman

Grew up on ACDC, Black Sabbath etc from the old man, then migrated to Metallica, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Sevendust, Disturbed, Pantera etc . I have recently headed in the direction of Alternative/progressive rock with Australian bands Karnivool and Butterfly Effect. Glad to see so many metal heads on here!!!

Old school glam baby!! New York Dolls, Hanoi Rocks, Us (Crue) Gn'R, Cheap Trick et al!

Been lucky enough to meet a lot of the guys in the bands above and a lot of the bands named on here! There's no better music in the world!!

Sixx   :bones:

• 3 months later...

Heads up guys, just picked up Amon Amarth's new album, Deceiver of the Gods. Wow, its absolute genius, if you like heavy metal then this will blow your mind. Check out the song 'As Loke Falls' brilliant!

Brilliant! I am listening to it now via Spotify! Nothing better than good metal from Sweden!

Check Amorphis (from Finland) "Skyforger" - wee bit lighter but nonetheless good metal :)

Hey M, didnt know you were a metalhead mate!

Amorphis are great, saw them at bloodstock a while ago.

Hey M, didnt know you were a metalhead mate!

Amorphis are great, saw them at bloodstock a while ago.

I am die hard metal fan! Used to play bass guitar in a grindcore band :)

Recently i am more into melodic and lighter death, trash metal. 

Favorite bands: Sepultura (with Max Cavalera), Tiamat, Morbid Angel, Unleashed, Entombed, Therion, Vader, Bathory, The Gathering, Enslaved and the list goes forever! ;)

Guest blackhorn leather

I always like heavy metal bands with a vocalist that really got a high range octane, vibration, falsetto and over-tone scream, and I've found it on several legendary singers Rob Halford of Judas Priest, King Diamond of Merciful Fate, Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden, Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Michael Vescera of Animetal USA/Yngwie/Loudness/Obsession, Mike Mattijevic of Steel Heart and the most favorite one.... Michael Sweet of STRYPER, gee, what a voice!  :band1:

• 1 year later...

Just ran across this old thread. I am still a metal head. First concert was Peter Frampton in 1976 in the king dome. Listen to most types of music these days but my favorite is still metal. Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Queensryche, Sabbath/Ozzy, Zeppelin, and many others. Maiden probably my all time favorite.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

• 2 weeks later...

So, 36 years ago I was hanging with my mates and we decided to get jeans jackets, cut the sleeves and get the big ACDC badges. I was 4 at that time and still love ACDC. Back in Black is my favorite album of all times, followed by Srgt. Peppers. My first record was Highway to Hell.

Years later I discovered Anthrax, Helmet and At the drive-inn. Anyone into Refused? Great band, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

When I thought this forum couldn't get any better...

Huge metal fan, started with Maiden, then Megadeth, and now I listen to so much different stuff, HM is really diverse.

Now I'm really into Arsis, Insomnium, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Black Label Society, Animals as Leaders, Dream Theater... and of course Iron Maiden and Megadeth as well. And I definitely left out some good ones.

• 1 month later...

Haven't heard that one, last one was Black Ice (decent!)  AC/DC's longevity and relevance still continues to amaze, though -  They're headlining Coachella this year, bringing classic metal to the next generation...

Queensryche, Disturbed, Maiden, Stryper, Priest, Primal Scream, Dokken, Korn, Katmandu, Alice In Chains, The Cult, Iced Earth, Tony MaCalpine, Blue Murder, and on and on...  no life without metal.

Started out with Black Sabbath and King Diamond When I was 8, then found Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Then Slayer (still listening), Anthrax (stopped when Joey left but am listening now that he's back), Metallica (stopped after ...And Justice for All), Megadeth (stopped after Countdown to Extinction). Not sure you'd call System of a Down "metal" (more like heavy punk) but regularly listen to them as well. Also like Lacuna Coil, My Chemical Romance, Sepultura, Death Angel, anything with good riffs and vocals. Given a choice, I'll always go for Speed or Thrash metal.

• 9 months later...

Hmmmmm, time to bump it up. 

I've been into metal since I was old enough to choose my own music to listen too. It was a TV advert featuring Daley Thompson advertising Lucozade when the played Phantom of the Opera by Maiden. After that I went out and started buying mainstream metal. ACDC, Sabbath, Maiden etc. Later moved into Metalica, Megadeth. Now a bit of everything even Joe Satriani. 

Hi mates, we are not alone :) ! Slipknot, Chimaira, WhiteChapel... i love them! I grow up with Cavalera brothers sound (old school friends call me RezA again). From the last year I'm listening more Djent bands as Periphery, Monuments, Tesseract ecc. more funny to play with drum (I play drums).

Edited by Robertino
add other info