When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any heavy metal fans here?

theflyingdutchman

Hi,

So it’s time to start a music thread! Any heavy metal fans here? I bought by first ACDC LP with 9, then moved on to Alice Cooper, then ACCEPT, then Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Ozzy, Bolt Thrower. Of course also Black Sabbath, Danzig, Marilyn Manson, Motörhead, Pro-Pain, Rage Against The Machine.

Even took my wife to Rammstein and DOWN, SLIPKNOT, Machinehead… was good, at least I thought so!

Dutchy

P.S. And of course Maiden and Megadeth!

• Like 1

Hi,

So it’s time to start a music thread! Any heavy metal fans here? I bought by first ACDC LP with 9, then moved on to Alice Cooper, then ACCEPT, then Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Ozzy, Bolt Thrower. Of course also Black Sabbath, Danzig, Marilyn Manson, Motörhead, Pro-Pain, Rage Against The Machine.

Even took my wife to Rammstein and DOWN, SLIPKNOT, Machinehead… was good, at least I thought so!

Dutchy

P.S. And of course Maiden and Megadeth!

Hey mate, didn't know you were a metalhead too. Lol

I listen to ditto all of the above as well!

Sent from my SGN using Tapatalk 2

Yes, in my younger days. Iron Maiden was my favorite, and Ozzy. Priest, Dio, and others as well.

Some tours I went to: Maiden Piece Of Mind, Ozzy Bark at the Moon, Priest Defenders of the Faith, Dio Holy Diver or Last in Line (can't remember now).

'83/'84 were some amazing years for music. And I was so young I had to sneak out my window and get rides to these concerts with my friend's older brother. ;)

• Like 1

Led Zepplin is my heavy favorite band. Lars Ullrich of Metallica is a friend and client, so I am partial to that band. Sammy Hagar also when he was the frontman for VanHalen.

Of course, Motorhead is the S**T! Ace of Spades? forgitaboutit!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i always divide my life in 2 parts. Until the age of 7 i was a nice boy who would do as i was told, listen to Michael Jackson and other stuff. That until a older neighbour said to me "Brian, close your eyes... sit tight and enjoy". and suddenly BOOM!!!!

the most powerful [censored] riff ever heard my head was about to explode.... that song my friends was Master of Puppets, and i could not get enough of it. Since that day I am a metal fan till the end of my natural life!!!!

i have a 16 month old son.... and dear me he likes headbanging already!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by brianpelooza

• 4 months later...

Massive metal fan here too. My tastes have changed over the years, my first love was Black Sabbath and Metallica, then I moved into heavier harcore stuff like As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, All Shall Perish and Unearth etc.

Now I enjoy most heavy music but am really into interesting (some would say obscure and weird!) stuff from the likes of Finntroll, Alestorm and Amon Amarth. My favorite band of all time has to be In Flames, they have gone off the boil a bit recently but the early stuff is mind blowing.

Rock on fellas! :tu:

• Like 2

I have been back to Scandinavian metal ..Amorphis, Therion, Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved and likes.

However older I get more different music styles are getting into my playlists.

Recently I found great Louisiana's own blue grass, folk,blues and rock musician - Brother Dege.

His album - "Folk songs of the American Longhair" doesn't live my CD lately.

Music has been a huge part of my upbringing from a very young age, be it starting with my days in the grade school church choir and listening to 80's R&B and Soul.  My parents listened almost exclusively to oldies music, but my dad was also a fan of early prog like Pink Floyd, YES, and Rush.  Used to really dig hanging out in the basement with my dad, black lights and incense rolling pretty heavily to any Floyd album of our choice...    And then my cousin took me to my first heavy metal concert in the 6th grade, and my life was pretty much changed 180 degrees.  I still listen to classic R&B and soul from time to time, but ever since that summer my heart has belonged to the heavy stuff...

Ever since high school I have been pretty deep into the Scandinavian metal, listening to classics like At the Gates, Hellhammer, Dark Tranquility, etc.  My interests are all over the extreme scenes, and I listen to Black metal, Death metal, and everything in between.  However I still lean mostly towards the progressive bands in these areas, harkening back to the days spent listening to Floyd and Rush in the basement with dad...  My favorite band of all time is Opeth, and I just love the way that they can hover between extreme death metal and manage to make their way to a 70's prog sound, then back to modern death again.  Metal for life, eh?

• Like 1

Music has been a huge part of my upbringing from a very young age, be it starting with my days in the grade school church choir and listening to 80's R&B and Soul.  My parents listened almost exclusively to oldies music, but my dad was also a fan of early prog like Pink Floyd, YES, and Rush.  Used to really dig hanging out in the basement with my dad, black lights and incense rolling pretty heavily to any Floyd album of our choice...    And then my cousin took me to my first heavy metal concert in the 6th grade, and my life was pretty much changed 180 degrees.  I still listen to classic R&B and soul from time to time, but ever since that summer my heart has belonged to the heavy stuff...

Ever since high school I have been pretty deep into the Scandinavian metal, listening to classics like At the Gates, Hellhammer, Dark Tranquility, etc.  My interests are all over the extreme scenes, and I listen to Black metal, Death metal, and everything in between.  However I still lean mostly towards the progressive bands in these areas, harkening back to the days spent listening to Floyd and Rush in the basement with dad...  My favorite band of all time is Opeth, and I just love the way that they can hover between extreme death metal and manage to make their way to a 70's prog sound, then back to modern death again.  Metal for life, eh?

At the gates and Dark Tranquillity are both incredible bands, those Scandinavians sure know how to rock!

Absolutely mate, Metal for life! :punk:

Im just rocking out to Whitechapel's new album while making a strap for a customer, lifes good!

• Like 1