When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Site Nicecopy.cn (nicecopy.com)

chuck.serie1

Has anyone bought from nicecopy?

What's even worse than not being bothered to find the trusted dealers, and not doing a little reading before asking your question, is starting a thread and not reading peoples responses.

You have two choices; listen to the advice you're being given, or place an order with nicecopy.con and see what turns up, if anything. Pretty simple really.

I hate to start a rant, but I'm completely floored by the number of folks who show up here, and obviously register, go to the general discussion page or the particular brand forum and ask questions that if they had done the tiniest bit of research, their questions would be answered in detail. :wallbash: I know they are noobs, but I promise you when I started back in 06', If you asked questions like some of these guys do, the flamers would have burned you to a crisp! Luckily for the noobs, and everyone else, this forum is a whole lot more civil and tolerant than the old RWG. Maybe that's why they are here, thye first visited some of the other rep forums, and they got a pretty chilly (Or hot) reception. :blowup: Another factor that chaps some of the regulars here is a lot of new members come here, expressly to buy one or two reps, they never upgrade their membership, never participate in discussions, but if they have a problem with a rep either from a Dealer or another member, they are the first to cause problems, open Paypal disputes or bad mouth the forum on other venues.

So come on new guys, help yourselves by doing a little research. I know for a fact that most of the regulars here are more than willing to help with intelligent questions that reflect a little research on your part, but when you ask questions that could have been answered with 10 minutes of reading, it gets a little tiresome for the folks who did their research when they had a question. Use the search function, read the stickies, read the first forum for new members. there are guys here who have been on this forum less than a year, and they are way, way more knowledgable about rep watches than myself, but I can guarantee you, they read everything they could and became valuable participants in forum discussions.

Order from them and then post details on your experience here - that would make a good contribution to this forum! However, you do need to know that there are hundreds of threads here on the topic "how about dealer XXX.com" - have seen few (if any??) leading to something being judged as good and amended to the trusted dealers list.

What I don't understand is why people ask about sites when we have a list of trusted dealers you can buy from.

Because they go to the rip off sites, and are seduced by the photos (Hell, they ought to be good, most are photos of genuine watches!!) as well as the total lying BS that the sites hype. Swiss made replicas, 14k real solid gold, Top grade Swiss ETA movements, and on and on and on. They make you believe that the 500 USD Replica from them is the same 6,000 USD watch that Rolex produces, just a different movement. The sucker noobs come to their senses when the watch arrives (If it even arrives!) What they saw in the ads is a far cry from what they are holding in their hand. Then they realize "i've been ripped off"

What really pisses me off, is that any time someone asks about an off-forum site, the peanut gallery just spouts "Stick with the trusted dealers!" like a bunch of parrots getting their tails yanked. It wouldn't be so bad if someone had personal experiences and was to say "Yes, I bought from them, and they ripped me off for $600 for a watch Josh sells for $200..." or "Yeah, I ordered from them, and never got anything..." or even "Yeah, I ordered from them, and had no problems..." Personal experiences are what this community of forums are all about, not just 'maintaining the Party line'. At the end of the day, it's a person's choice where they spend their money, and if they're happy (or not) with their purchases, that should be all that matters, not the source those purchases are coming from... By all means, if a site is a known scammer, then by all means people should say so, but saying "Yeah, Shinji-San ripped me off and never sent me my watch..." is very different, and way more constructive, than "Stick with the trusted dealers!" :bangin:

I really don't have a dog in this fight, as I very, very seldom buy a new watch from a dealer. Probably 2-3 in the last 3 years. In the past I have bought from off site dealers with good results, but I also have visited the sites of the real scammers, and they have such a compelling story, it's hard not to get seduced. i know that when I first got into reps back in around 2004-on the old TRC, I was pretty knowledgeable about watches, but knew absolutely nothing about reps. i went to a few of the sites that were around back then, and almost pulled the trigger on a rep or two, but something wasn't clicking. One thing that made me suspicious was the "forums" they sponsored. It was pretty easy to see that the only comments that were allowed to get posted were rave reviews.No matter how good you are, how good your product is and how good your service is, there are going to be folks who aren't satisfied, and like here, they will post their negative feedback. Never saw that on any of those site forums.

I believe that most members are well meaning in their recommendations that folks should use the trusted dealers. If you are a noob, and you don't know anything, it's probably safer to use one of these dealers, or a dealer on one of the other forums. After a member acquires a knowledge base, and is astute enough to glean through everything on a particular site, and is knowledgeable enough and comfortable with taking a chance, then I believe that it's perfectly OK to shop around. By that time hopefully the new member is reading and participating in discussions and is able to ask intelligent questions that will get an answer other than, "you need to read and research before you ask questions'" Heck, it's difficult enough buying watches in the rep world. i was in line for one of the WM9 SD's, that never came to pass, to the tune of 375.00 USD !! And while WM9 was not one of our trusted dealers, he was trusted and respected by a lot of members simply because he produced outstanding watches, and had until the "vanishing act" delivered what he promised.We have had some trusted dealers here that have gone south, some with a fair amount of member funds. Remember Eurotimez? Great watches, but couldn't keep all the balls in the air. So I'm not espousing a "party line" as I know that there are pitfalls with all the dealers, trusted or not. the difference is if one reads and does their homework, they will find enough feedback both positive and negative to at least make a fairly intelligent decision as to what they want and who they buy from. They can see lots of reviews and posts by members of watches offered by the dealers here, along with pretty candid evaluations and critiques of the watches. On the other hand all those safeguards are not available when one buys a watch from another source, unless of course the other source is selling a lot of watches to members, but is not, for whatever reason, a trusted dealer.

Back in the old days Maria and George were pretty much the only sources for MBW watches. I don't think either of them were ever trusted dealers, but they sold a lot of very good watches to a lot of members. they and their watches got lots of comments and reviews, which were probably helpful to other members who wanted a "polex 1680"

So what i'm trying to say in a million words or less, is the new member, who doesn't know anything at all, and doesn't know enough to even ask the right questions, would probably be safer dealing with the dealers that have been vetted by the admin and mods on the forum. When the little bird feels like he's ready to fly, then he can safely leave the confines of the forum and buy from whomever he pleases. by that time if he gets scammed, then it's sort of "Shame on me" for doing something stupid, rather than "Shame on all those RWG member"s who wouldn't help me avoid the pitfalls of a new member.

• Like 1

I really don't have a dog in this fight, as I very, very seldom buy a new watch from a dealer. Probably 2-3 in the last 3 years. In the past I have bought from off site dealers with good results, but I also have visited the sites of the real scammers, and they have such a compelling story, it's hard not to get seduced. i know that when I first got into reps back in around 2004-on the old TRC, I was pretty knowledgeable about watches, but knew absolutely nothing about reps. i went to a few of the sites that were around back then, and almost pulled the trigger on a rep or two, but something wasn't clicking. One thing that made me suspicious was the "forums" they sponsored. It was pretty easy to see that the only comments that were allowed to get posted were rave reviews.No matter how good you are, how good your product is and how good your service is, there are going to be folks who aren't satisfied, and like here, they will post their negative feedback. Never saw that on any of those site forums.

I believe that most members are well meaning in their recommendations that folks should use the trusted dealers. If you are a noob, and you don't know anything, it's probably safer to use one of these dealers, or a dealer on one of the other forums. After a member acquires a knowledge base, and is astute enough to glean through everything on a particular site, and is knowledgeable enough and comfortable with taking a chance, then I believe that it's perfectly OK to shop around. By that time hopefully the new member is reading and participating in discussions and is able to ask intelligent questions that will get an answer other than, "you need to read and research before you ask questions'" Heck, it's difficult enough buying watches in the rep world. i was in line for one of the WM9 SD's, that never came to pass, to the tune of 375.00 USD !! And while WM9 was not one of our trusted dealers, he was trusted and respected by a lot of members simply because he produced outstanding watches, and had until the "vanishing act" delivered what he promised.We have had some trusted dealers here that have gone south, some with a fair amount of member funds. Remember Eurotimez? Great watches, but couldn't keep all the balls in the air. So I'm not espousing a "party line" as I know that there are pitfalls with all the dealers, trusted or not. the difference is if one reads and does their homework, they will find enough feedback both positive and negative to at least make a fairly intelligent decision as to what they want and who they buy from. They can see lots of reviews and posts by members of watches offered by the dealers here, along with pretty candid evaluations and critiques of the watches. On the other hand all those safeguards are not available when one buys a watch from another source, unless of course the other source is selling a lot of watches to members, but is not, for whatever reason, a trusted dealer.

Back in the old days Maria and George were pretty much the only sources for MBW watches. I don't think either of them were ever trusted dealers, but they sold a lot of very good watches to a lot of members. they and their watches got lots of comments and reviews, which were probably helpful to other members who wanted a "polex 1680"

So what i'm trying to say in a million words or less, is the new member, who doesn't know anything at all, and doesn't know enough to even ask the right questions, would probably be safer dealing with the dealers that have been vetted by the admin and mods on the forum. When the little bird feels like he's ready to fly, then he can safely leave the confines of the forum and buy from whomever he pleases. by that time if he gets scammed, then it's sort of "Shame on me" for doing something stupid, rather than "Shame on all those RWG member"s who wouldn't help me avoid the pitfalls of a new member.

My first rep was from one of those Scam Sites, before I even found a forum... Cost me way more than it probably would have done from a Trusted Dealer, but, it still cost less than the real thing, I got what I paid for, and I got what was advertised. I would agree about watches bought from forum Trusted Dealers having a bit more in the way of protection should there be an issue, but, issues are so few and far between, it's a bit of a redundancy, so not really the Be all End all in terms of purchasing choices... And absolutely, people are well meaning when they say "Stick to the trusted dealers..." but the point I was making, is that if people never use off-forum dealers, then those dealers never get the chance to prove themselves and become trusted (by buyers, even if not Forum Listed) It's all well and good to reject a dealer who's a known scammer, but when it's just a knee-jerk, blinkered reaction to an un-known source, the advice becomes hollow, because it's not coming from a place of knowledge on the subject... Eurotimez was indeed a disappointing scenario... They set themselves up to have better QC than the other dealers, but as you say, couldn't keep the balls in the air... :pardon::bangin:

My first rep was from one of those Scam Sites, before I even found a forum... Cost me way more than it probably would have done from a Trusted Dealer, but, it still cost less than the real thing, I got what I paid for, and I got what was advertised. I would agree about watches bought from forum Trusted Dealers having a bit more in the way of protection should there be an issue, but, issues are so few and far between, it's a bit of a redundancy, so not really the Be all End all in terms of purchasing choices... And absolutely, people are well meaning when they say "Stick to the trusted dealers..." but the point I was making, is that if people never use off-forum dealers, then those dealers never get the chance to prove themselves and become trusted (by buyers, even if not Forum Listed) It's all well and good to reject a dealer who's a known scammer, but when it's just a knee-jerk, blinkered reaction to an un-known source, the advice becomes hollow, because it's not coming from a place of knowledge on the subject... Eurotimez was indeed a disappointing scenario... They set themselves up to have better QC than the other dealers, but as you say, couldn't keep the balls in the air... :pardon::bangin:

I'm just gonna make it simple. Why fix it if it ain't broke. Should someone really lose money just to find out and tell us this site is a scam? There's nothing wrong with the TDs already present. They can supply any rep watch that you find out on the other googled rep sites asking as it exists. If the pics are too good to be true then it's most likely too good to be true.

Like I just said "Don't fix it if it ain't broke."