When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is a True Superfranken 1665 Double Red

PLOPROFCOMEX

Hi guys - not been on here for a while so thought I would come and show what has been keeping me busy.

After (at least) a year and much effort and work and organisation and tears and smiles I finally have completed a truly beautiful and exceptional 1665 DRSD - An icon for all of us Vintage fans.

Here is some spec but it barely tells the story of how much effort and expense went into this. The end result is something rather special though so enjoy and I welcome your comments too.

DRSD1665

MBK case set

Gen fully serviced 1570 movement by Rolex technician 100% perfect - I mean PERFECT!

gen Rolex nos crystal

gen bezel insert

gen crown and tube

gen 585 endlinks

gen 93150 bracelet

gen springbars

NDT dial and handset

Full vintage relume by Rolex Addict (jj)

Cgs and case shaped and aged by pbdad

Let the pictures speak for themselves now..............................

First - here she is with her equally supermodel "Sister 1680"

IMG_9078.jpg

IMG_8976.jpg

IMG_9099-1.jpg

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_8964-1.jpg

IMG_8960.jpg

IMG_8966.jpg

IMG_8965-1.jpg

IMG_896 9-1.jpg

IMG_8967-1.jpg

IMG_8959-1.jpg

IMG_8966-1.jpg

IMG_8958-1.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8970-1.jpg

IMG_8955.jpg

IMG_8957-1.jpg

IMG_8980.jpg

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8984-1.jpg

IMG_8980-1.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8979-1.jpg

IMG_8979.jpg

IMG_8976.jpg

IMG_8977.jpg

IMG_8980-1.jpg

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE PHOTOS GUYS - IT REALLY IS A DREAM OF A WATCH - I SO WISH THEY MADE THESE IN 44MM THOUGH !! :lol:

Beautiful watch and great work. Since you say you have a gen insert, is it possible it's just the pictures making the pearl look off?

Agreed about the hands and Hev, after you have come so far :)

I have got to get a 1570 for mine.

Sh$t makes me miss my superfranken DR

Beautiful watch

A gen in this condition is likely to cost somewhere very close to $30,000 ..................maybe a couple of grand less. - This on the other hamd cost under $5k - In terms of the quality and the craftsmanship it is fair to say that this is every bit "equal" to a gen - There are maybe some slight differences in case shape (?) that could be identified with a pair of digital calipers but the dial, for example, was mistaken for genuine by a Rolex technician who during his 20+ years servicing Rolexes worked on many real ones - He asked "how did I get a real dial ?!"

Well if a watch to be classed as swiss only needs to have 25% of it (swiss made) then this should be classed as a Gen Gen GEN ! Enjoy and i believe these superfranken will have a high value in its own right one day soon just by the hard work perfecting this superfranken ! and its attention to detail !

Edited by aeromatic

Thanks Aeromatic - Never new that 25% rule ? Interesting !

In all seriousness, this watch feels and looks 100% gen - I own gen Rolexes and just knowing it has a gen Rolex movement in it changes the wearers mindset. A bit like a Ferrari engine in so much as you know what is under the hood is what really makes it pedigree and if the seats were re-upholstered then it still is a Ferrari and if the soft-top was replaced - It is still a Ferrari and if The respray was done in California not Modena Italy, then its still a Ferrari and you are still gonna feel like you have a special car. Well this watch really feels like something very very special when you have it on your wrist.

• Like 1

Thanks Aeromatic - Never new that 25% rule ? Interesting !

In all seriousness, this watch feels and looks 100% gen - I own gen Rolexes and just knowing it has a gen Rolex movement in it changes the wearers mindset. A bit like a Ferrari engine in so much as you know what is under the hood is what really makes it pedigree and if the seats were re-upholstered then it still is a Ferrari and if the soft-top was replaced - It is still a Ferrari and if The respray was done in California not Modena Italy, then its still a Ferrari and you are still gonna feel like you have a special car. Well this watch really feels like something very very special when you have it on your wrist.

Yes i know what you mean my bond 6538 franken with gen rolex 1030 beating inside does exacty what you said changes a wearers mindset ! as for the ferrari i agree it will always be a ferrari ! Edited by aeromatic